The professionals at the Simmrin Law Group can help you handle charges for driving under the influence (DUI) in Stanton. You can begin working on a defense for DUI accusations quickly by contacting us. We’re ready to:
- Help you with legal interviews
- Go over any plea bargains you’re offered
- Assist with your Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) hearing
- Take steps to get your charges dismissed
- Stand up for you in the courtroom
Reach out to our DUI lawyers in Stanton now to get the legal assistance you deserve. We can take steps to resolve your DUI accusations quickly.
Focus on DUI Charges
The court system in Stanton uses a number of different charges to prosecute DUIs. Most DUI charges are treated as misdemeanors. However, you can face felony charges depending upon:
- Your prior criminal record
- Whether or not anyone was hurt in a DUI accident
You may need help from a criminal defense lawyer in Stanton if you are charged with:
- California Vehicle Code Section 23152(a): Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol
- California Vehicle Code Section 23152(g): Driving Under the Combined Influence of Alcohol and Drugs
- California Vehicle Code Section 23152(f): Driving Under the Influence of Drugs
Note that these are only a few examples of DUI charges used in Stanton. It’s important that you get professional help from a criminal defense lawyer in Stanton no matter what DUI charges you are facing.
Results of DUI Convictions
DUI convictions lead to a number of harsh penalties in the Stanton area. You could end up facing:
- Jail time
- A license suspension
- Time in an alcohol treatment program
The results of DUI convictions can become change over time because DUIs are priorable offenses. This means that a DUI conviction stays on your record for 10 years. Each time you are convicted for a subsequent DUI in this period of time, you can face increased penalties. Let’s compare common penalties to a first-time DUI to a subsequent DUI to demonstrate this increase:
First DUI in Stanton
- Up to $2,000 in fines
- Up to six months in jail
- Up to one-year license suspension
Second DUI in Stanton
- Up to $2,500 in fines
- Up to one year in jail
- Up to two-years license suspension
The DMV and DUI Charges in Stanton
The DMV is technically responsible for the suspension of your driver’s license in DUI cases in Stanton. The DMV may suspend your license:
- Automatically after a DUI arrest
- If so ordered by the court after a DUI conviction
The automatic suspension of your license can occur 30 days after a DUI arrest if you do not request a hearing from the DMV. You have 10 days following a DUI arrest to request a DMV hearing. A traffic violations lawyer in Stanton can stand up for you at this DMV hearing to protect your driving privileges.
License Suspensions and Ignition Interlock Devices (IIDs)
Note that you may be able to continue driving after a DUI conviction if you install an IID in your vehicle(s). An IID will:
- Measure your blood alcohol content (BAC)
- Before allowing you to turn on your vehicle AND
- At random times while you drive your vehicle
Installing an IID can end up being costly and you will have to pay monthly fees while using an IID, but this option may help you continue to operate your vehicle in some circumstances.
Resolving DUI Charges in Stanton
You have legal options if you are charged with a DUI in Stanton. A DUI lawyer could seek to resolve your charges by investigating your situation and disputing the evidence against you. Sometimes, a lawyer can get DUI charges dismissed by showing that you were stopped without due cause.
In other situations, your lawyer may work to secure you a fair plea bargain that will reduce the charges you’re facing. Your lawyer might advise you to accept a plea bargain including:
- Wet reckless charges
- Dry reckless charges
The team at the Simmrin Law Group can also stand up for you in court here in Stanton. We understand the defenses that work to resolve DUI charges and we’re ready to go to work for you right now.
Talk to a Stanton DUI Lawyer Immediately
Make sure you are ready to proactively address DUI charges in Stanton. Contact the professionals at the Simmrin Law Group to work on a strong defense. You can complete our online contact form or call (310) 997-4688 to reach our DUI lawyers in Stanton.
Find out more about your legal situation by reaching out to us for a FREE consultation.