Driving under the influence (DUI) charges can lead to harsh consequences in Camarillo, CA. You could face fines, jail time, and the suspension of your license if you are accused of driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Make sure you are ready to take on DUI accusations right now by contacting the Simmrin Law Group. You can speak with our DUI lawyers in Camarillo today to begin building a legal defense. Let us work to:
- Dispute the Evidence Against You
- Reduce the Charges You Are Facing
- Get Your Charges Dismissed Entirely
- Bring You a Victory in Court
Understanding DUI Regulations in Camarillo
The state of California has set legal limits for allowable blood alcohol content (BAC) for drivers. Generally, you can be charged with a DUI if your BAC exceeds:
- 0.08% for a Noncommercial Driver Over 21
- 0.04% for a Commercial Driver Over 21
- 0.01% for a Driver Under 21
However, in some cases, you can be charged with a DUI simply if a police officer believes you are operating your vehicle while impaired. You could also face DUI charges for driving under the influence of:
- Illicit Chemical Substances
- Certain Prescription Medications
You can get help handling any DUI charge by contacting a criminal defense lawyer in Camarillo. The team at the Simmrin Law Group can focus on your specific situation to construct your case.
For a free legal consultation with a Criminal Defense lawyer serving Camarillo, call (310) 928-9347
Go Over the Charges You Could Face for a DUI
DUI accusations in California can be difficult to understand in some cases because there are so many possible charges. Depending upon your situation, you could be prosecuted under:
- California Vehicle Code Section 23136: Under 21 DUI with Any Measurable Amount of Alcohol
- California Vehicle Code Section 23140: Under 21 DUI With Blood Alcohol Content Between 0.05-0.07 Percent
- California Vehicle Code Section 23152(a): Driving Under The Influence Of Alcohol
- California Vehicle Code Section 23152(b): Driving With A Blood Alcohol Content Of 0.08 Percent Or Higher
- California Vehicle Code Section 23152(c): Driving While Addicted
- California Vehicle Code Section 23152(d): Driving a Commercial Vehicle with a Blood Alcohol Content of 0.04 Percent or Higher
- California Vehicle Code Section 23152(f): Driving Under the Influence of Drugs
Note that these are only examples of DUI charges in Camarillo. You can get help dealing with any DUI accusations by reaching out to a DUI lawyer in Camarillo as soon as you are arrested.
Criminal Defense Lawyer Near Me (310) 928-9347
Results of Criminal Charges for DUIs in Camarillo
The DUI charges used in California can lead to various penalties. The most common repercussions for a DUI conviction can include:
- Jail Time
- License Suspension
You may also be required to attend an alcohol treatment program if you are convicted of driving under the influence in Camarillo. You should also be aware that all DUIs are considered “priorable” offenses. This means that if you are arrested for a subsequent DUI, the penalties will be more severe than they were for your first conviction.
Click to contact our Criminal Defense Lawyers today
DUI Charges and the Department of Motor Vehicles in Camarillo
DUI charges can also pose challenging because you must face a hearing with the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) following a DUI arrest. This hearing is not strictly connected to your criminal charges. You must request it within 10 days of your accident or the DMV can automatically suspend your license.
The DUI lawyers at the Simmrin Law Group can handle both your criminal case and your DMV hearing. We can work to protect your license starting right now. Note that – in some circumstances – you may be able to keep your license if you accept an ignition interlock device (IID) in California.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Defend Yourself from DUI Charges in California
As you can see, a DUI conviction can have a tremendous impact on your life. Fortunately, you can get help constructing a strong defense right now by contacting the Simmrin Law Group. Our team of legal professionals could argue against the validity of your BAC test results.
We could also work to show that you were stopped without due cause by a police officer. If a law enforcement officer does not have reasonable cause to pull you over, you should not face subsequent charges for a DUI.
Contact a Camarillo DUI Lawyer to Build Your Defense
Getting help immediately after a DUI arrest can improve your odds of beating these charges. You can get the legal advice you need today from the Simmrin Law Group. Our team of DUI lawyers in Camarillo is standing by now to help with a FREE consultation.
Call us at (310) 997-4688 or fill out our online contact form to fight for your future today.