It’s important that you get professional help quickly if you are accused of embezzlement in Pomona, CA. This white-collar crime can be punished incredibly harshly. In fact, embezzlement convictions often lead to fines, restitution payments, and time behind bars.
Make sure you’re ready to handle these charges the right way by contacting an embezzlement lawyer in Pomona right now. You can easily reach the professionals at the Simmrin Law Group to begin building a defense. Let us assess your case today so we can begin defending you.
Make Sure You Understand Embezzlement Charges in Pomona
The legal definition of embezzlement may be complicated to understand at first. This charge is defined under California Penal Code Section 503. According to this section of the legal code, embezzlement occurs only if:
- Someone is entrusted with another person’s money or property and
- The individual fraudulently transfers this money or property to their own possession,
- Thereby depriving the rightful owner of the money or property of benefiting from their possessions
Let’s go over a few examples of acts that would constitute embezzlement to strengthen your understanding of these charges. Embezzlement charges may apply if:
- A medical professional makes false charges on the account of a patient
- A casher steals money out of the cash register
- An accountant moves money from a client’s account into their own account
Note that these are only a few examples of acts of embezzlement. You should also be aware that individuals must act intentionally to be convicted of embezzlement in Pomona.
For a free legal consultation with a lawyer serving Pomona, call (310) 928-9347
Embezzlement may be Prosecuted as Theft in Pomona
The court system in Pomona generally considers embezzlement to be a white-collar crime. However, embezzlement will be treated as either petty theft or grand theft by the court. You might face charges for:
- Petty theft embezzlement if you are accused of embezzling under $950
- Grand theft embezzlement if you are accused of embezzling over $950
These charges are handled differently by prosecutors. Petty theft embezzlement will always be treated as a misdemeanor. You could face misdemeanor or felony charges if you are accused of grand theft embezzlement in Pomona.
Criminal Defense Lawyer Near Me (310) 928-9347
The Consequences for an Embezzlement Conviction
Embezzlement convictions in Pomona can lead to incredibly severe penalties. We can review the basic penalties for a conviction right now:
Petty Theft Embezzlement Penalties
- Fines of up to $1,000
- Incarceration of up to six months
- Summary or unsupervised probation
Grand Theft Embezzlement Penalties
- Fines of up to $10,000
- Incarceration of up to three years
- Formal or supervised probation
You should be aware that the court can add additional time to your sentence if you are accused of embezzling particularly large amounts of money. You could face up to four extra years behind bars if you are accused of embezzling more than $3,200,000.
A white-collar crime lawyer in Pomona can help you handle any type of embezzlement charge you are facing. Take charge of your future by contacting the Simmrin Law Group. We’re ready to defend you in and out of the courtroom.
Build a Defense for Embezzlement Charges in Pomona
A professional criminal defense lawyer in Pomona can help if you are accused of embezzlement. The team at the Simmrin Law Group can go over the specific facts of your situation when constructing your defense. We may be able to argue that:
- You did not intend to take the property or monies of someone else for your personal use
- You believed that you were taking money or property that belonged to you
- You were wrongfully accused of embezzlement
You can improve your odds of successfully resolving embezzlement charges in Pomona if you get help in your corner right away.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Get Comprehensive Legal Support from a Legal Professional
Here at the Simmrin Law Group, we understand the intricacies of building a defense for embezzlement charges. We are ready to help you with all aspects of your criminal case. We can:
- Stand up for you during legal interviews
- Help you during your bail hearing
- Assess any plea bargains you are offered
- Work to get your charges reduced or dismissed
- Defend you in the courtroom
Find out more about how we can help by reaching out to us right now. We’re ready to start working on your defense to either misdemeanor or felony embezzlement charges.
Contact a Pomona Embezzlement Lawyer Now
Handle an embezzlement accusation seriously by reaching out to the Simmrin Law Group as soon as you are arrested. Reaching us is easy. Complete our online contact form or call (310) 997-4688 to reach professional embezzlement lawyers in Pomona.
You can start getting help with all aspects of your case right now with a FREE consultation.