Driving under the influence (DUI) is considered a serious criminal act in Redondo Beach. Drivers who operate a vehicle with a blood alcohol content (BAC) that exceeds legal limits can face criminal charges. A conviction for a DUI can result in incarceration, fines, and the loss of your license.
You can get help standing up to DUI charges by contacting the Simmrin Law Group. Our professional DUI lawyers in Redondo Beach can start working on your defense now. Improve your odds of beating a DUI charge by contacting us today.
DUI Arrests in Redondo Beach
You may be arrested for a DUI in Redondo Beach if you are involved in an accident or if a police officer merely suspects that you are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Police officers may attempt to confirm their suspicions by asking you to complete:
- A Chemical Test
- Field Sobriety Tests
Chemical tests – like the breathalyzer – are designed to measure your BAC. Drivers in Redondo Beach can be arrested if their BAC is over the legal limits set by the state. You could also be arrested if you fail a field sobriety test or if a police officer believes you are operating a vehicle under the influence of drugs.
Note that, in some cases, you may legally refuse a chemical test or a field sobriety test. You must perform these tests if you are on DUI probation, under 21, or legally arrested. You can face additional criminal charges if you refuse a test you are legally required to complete.
Types of DUI Charges in Redondo Beach
There is not one single charge used to prosecute DUIs in California. For example, drivers over 21 could be charged under:
- California Vehicle Code Section 23152(a): Driving Under The Influence Of Alcohol
- California Vehicle Code Section 23152(b): Driving With A Blood Alcohol Content Of 0.08% Or Higher
- California Vehicle Code Section 23152(f): Driving Under the Influence of Drugs
- California Vehicle Code Section 23153: DUI Causing Injury
Drivers under 21 may face different charges, including California Vehicle Code Section 23140: Under 21 DUI With a Blood Alcohol Content Between 0.05-0.07%. Individuals in California may even be charged with a criminal act for biking under the influence.
All of these charges can have serious consequences. You can take charge of your future by contacting a criminal defense lawyer in Redondo Beach if you are charged with any DUI offense.
Penalties for DUI Convictions in Redondo Beach
The court system often punishes DUI offenses very harshly. Individuals who are convicted of driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol can face:
- Thousands of Dollars in Fines
- Lengthy Periods of Incarceration
- Mandatory Alcohol Treatment Programs
You should also be aware that DUIs are considered priorable offenses. This means that the penalties can increase each time you are charged with a DUI.
Note as well that your license can be suspended due to a DUI charge. The California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) can suspend your license even if the criminal charges against you are favorably resolved. You must request a DMV hearing within 10 days of a DUI arrest in order to protect your driving privileges.
Legal Support for DUI Charges in California
As you can see, DUI charges can have serious repercussions. Fortunately, you can get professional help on your side by contacting a Redondo Beach DUI lawyer. The professionals at the Simmrin Law Group understand DUI charges. We may be able to help you by:
- Reducing Your Charges. In some cases, a DUI lawyer can arrange for a plea bargain that will reduce the charges you are facing. This can limit the fines and jail time you would otherwise have to face
- Having Your Case Dismissed. Your lawyer may work to block evidence and weaken the prosecution’s case. If the evidence against you is weak enough, your case may be dismissed
- Fighting for You in Court. Not all cases may be resolved outside of the court system. Your lawyer can stand up for you if your case goes before a judge or the DMV
Let the team at the Simmrin Law Group start going over your legal options for dealing with a DUI accusation in Redondo Beach today.
Contact a Redondo Beach DUI Lawyer Now
You can immediately improve the odds that you will beat a DUI charge by contacting a DUI lawyer in Redondo Beach. You can get legal support from the Simmrin Law Group by calling us at (310) 997-4688. You can also reach us easily by completing our online contact form.
Begin building your defense today by taking advantage of a FREE consultation.