Walking is often a more convenient and cost-effective means of traveling. However, with the influx of distracted drivers and traffic on the roads, pedestrians are increasingly at risk of collisions and injuries. If you or a loved one has been injured in a pedestrian accident, you need an experienced Irvine pedestrian accident attorney to fight for you.
Michael Simmrin of Simmrin Law Group will work diligently to hold negligent drivers responsible for devastating injuries you may face as the victim of a pedestrian accident. He is an experienced personal injury lawyer who will work with you from the beginning stages of filing a claim against the at-fault party and insurance company through settlement negotiations all the way to trial if necessary. He will use his experience to complete the necessary investigations and fight for your rights against the responsible parties.
Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
Victims of pedestrian accidents are among the most vulnerable commuters, as they are unable to evade approaching vehicles quickly enough to avoid collisions. According to the Governors Highway Safety Association (GHSA), pedestrian deaths have increased by over 77% in the last decade, compared to only 25% for other traffic fatalities, with California having the highest number of pedestrian deaths. Even if a pedestrian accident is not fatal, it can cause a victim tremendous injuries, trauma, and medical bills.
It is critical to hire an experienced Irvine pedestrian accident lawyer immediately after your accident to determine how the negligent driver was at fault and begin taking the proper legal action. Pedestrian accidents are often caused by:
- Distracted Driving: Texting, other phone use, eating, and grooming while driving can make it difficult for a driver to react in time and avoid hitting a pedestrian.
- Negligent Driving: A driver who is speeding, disobeying traffic laws, or is tired on the road is more likely not to see a pedestrian walking nearby until it is too late.
- Drunk Driving: Driving while intoxicated causes impairment to a driver’s cognitive ability and increases the chance of hitting a pedestrian.
- Poor Driving Conditions: Sometimes, certain driving conditions can make the visibility of a pedestrian difficult for a driver.
Simmrin Law Group will investigate the cause of your pedestrian accident, establish proper liability, and fight for your rights as a victim.
For a free legal consultation with a pedestrian accidents lawyer serving Irvine, call (310) 896-2723
Cost of Pedestrian Accidents
Unfortunately, there is a high price to pay for pedestrian accident victims. They are often faced with surmounting medical bills and the inability to work. A pedestrian accident attorney in Irvine can help determine your losses and start the process of recouping them through legal action.
Economic damages for victims of pedestrian accidents in Irvine can include:
- Medical Expenses: Including past and future costs for medical treatment and supplies
- Lost Wages: Pay you lost if you were unable to work as a result of your accident
- Loss of Future Earning Capacity: If you are unable to work as a result of your injuries
- Funeral and Burial Expenses: If you lost a loved one as a result of a pedestrian accident
Non-economic losses for pedestrian accident victims can include:
- Pain and Suffering: Due to physical pain and mental anguish
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life: Inability to participate in activities prior to the accident
- Loss of Consortium: Loss of companionship or assistance
- Emotional Distress: Emotional or mental trauma
How Does California Calculate Non-Economic Damages?
California does not have a fixed formula to calculate non-economic damages in personal injury cases. Let Simmrin Law Group work for you to prove you have, and may continue to, suffer losses as a result of your pedestrian accident.
Michael Simmrin will work hard to get you maximum compensation for the injuries you suffered in your accident. He is a trial attorney who has successfully worked with insurance companies to negotiate favorable settlements for pedestrian accident victims and is prepared to try your case in court if necessary.
Irvine Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Near Me (310) 896-2723
Deadline for Recovery in Pedestrian Accidents
As a pedestrian accident victim, you may be able to recover economic and non-economic damages in addition to punitive damages, but it is critical you do so within the timeframe allowed by California law. Hiring a skilled pedestrian accident lawyer in Irvine can ensure you establish the necessary elements to prove your personal injury case against the at-fault driver in a timely manner.
In California, you generally have two years from the date of your accident to file a lawsuit against the responsible parties. It is crucial you do not miss important deadlines and other statutes of limitation relating to your claim. Contact Simmrin Law Group as soon as possible after your pedestrian accident to ensure no important deadlines are missed in your claim process.
How Simmrin Law Group Can Help
As the victim of a pedestrian accident, you or your loved one may be entitled to compensation for both economic and non-economic losses. As such, it is important you consult with a knowledgeable and experienced Irvine pedestrian accident attorney like Michael Simmrin. Michael will handle your case from inception to trial, ensuring all your options are examined.
Simmrin Law Group is equipped and ready to handle all aspects of your pedestrian accident case, including:
- Investigating the scene
- Gathering evidence
- Calculating your losses
- Determining who is at fault
- Initiating a legal claim
- Filing the appropriate documents
- Interpreting Irvine laws
- Communicating with adverse parties
- Negotiating a satisfactory settlement
- Trying your case in court
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact a Lawyer Today
Consulting with a reputable Irvine pedestrian accident attorney is the first step in rebuilding your life after a devastating accident. Call Michael Simmrin before talking to any insurance company. Ensure your rights under California law are protected. You do not have to fight alone.
Contact Simmrin Law Group today for a free and confidential evaluation of your potential pedestrian accident case.