The massive size of commercial trucks makes that one of the most dangerous motor vehicles on roads across Long Beach and the entire state of California. Those who collide with tractor-trailers are far more likely to suffer critical and catastrophic injuries than if they were involved in a collision with a sedan or other traditional vehicle. Injuries of this nature are often costly in more ways than one.
When you are stuck struggling to cope with the emotional impact, physical injuries, and financial losses of your accident, make sure you have a powerful legal advocate working for you. Get help from a semi-truck accident lawyer in Long Beach at Simmrin Law Group today. Schedule a free consultation and learn more about how long you have to get started on your case, what to expect throughout the insurance and civil claims processes, and how much your damages could be worth.
How Semi-Truck Accidents Happen in Long Beach
One of the most important tasks your semi-truck accident attorney in Long Beach, CA, will have is figuring out how the collision occurred. This is because this will help us determine who is responsible for causing your injuries and is, therefore, responsible for covering your losses in full.
One of the major causes of tractor-trailer accidents is negligent driving. The trucker who hit you could have been engaging in one of the countless types of unsafe driving practices. These might include:
- Reckless driving
- Failure to stop at traffic lights
- Failure to stop at stop signs
- Failure to check blind spots
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Making illegal turns
- Failure to use a turn signal
- Driving while fatigued
- Inexperienced driving
- Distracted driving
These are only a few examples of how truckers could be held accountable for your injuries. However, negligent driving is not the only cause of commercial truck crashes. Some of the other ways in which these accidents could occur include:
- Lack of sufficient street lighting
- Unfilled potholes
- Missing street or highway signs
- Defective traffic lights
- Failure to properly secure construction work zones on interstates
- Malfunctioning or defective semi-truck parts
- Failure to make necessary repairs to big rigs
- Failure to obtain proper safety inspections
- Violations of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) rules
For a free legal consultation with a semi-truck accidents lawyer serving Long Beach, call (310) 896-2723
Who Is at Fault for Your Long Beach Semi-Truck Accident Injuries and Damages
Once your semi-truck accident attorney has determined how the accident occurred, it will be easier to uncover the identity of those responsible for your injuries. For example, if a reckless trucker caused your tractor-trailer wreck, you might assume you can file a claim against the truck driver. However, it might surprise you to learn other parties could also share fault.
For example, the trucking company that hired the truck driver could be sued if they failed to properly vet the truck driver before hiring them. They could also be held accountable if they force the trucker to work beyond the maximum number of hours allowed according to FMCSA work hour regulations.
Suppose the truck driver was under the influence of alcohol at the time of the collision. In that case, your Long Beach semi-truck accident attorney will also consider whether any local dram shops nearby could share the blame.
Dram shops are establishments that serve or sell alcohol. This could include grocery stores, convenience stores, liquor stores, and restaurants, to name a few. If these entities sold or served alcohol to the truck driver when they were already visibly intoxicated, these dram shops could share fault for your injuries.
If your semi-truck accident was caused by defective truck parts or hazardous road conditions, the following parties could share culpability:
- The city of Long Beach
- The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans)
- The trucking company
- Trucking company safety inspectors
- Truck company maintenance workers
- The trucking company’s cargo loaders
- Semi-truck parts designers and manufacturers
- Semi-truck parts suppliers and retail shops
- Dealerships that sell semi-trucks
Long Beach Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me (310) 896-2723
How the Semi-Truck Accident Claims Process Works
If you are feeling overwhelmed at the thought of pursuing your semi-truck accident insurance claim or a lawsuit, you are not alone. It is common for truck accident victims to feel intimidated by the claims process. However, once you understand what to expect, your confidence may rapidly increase.
With that in mind, here is a general idea of what to expect when you decide to pursue a Long Beach semi-truck accident claim:
- You hire a semi-truck accident lawyer in Long Beach, CA.
- Your personal injury attorney begins investigating the cause of the crash.
- Once we know who is responsible, we determine whether you can file a claim with the insurance company or move directly to a civil lawsuit.
- Throughout the course of the investigation, we will gather valuable evidence to prove the defendant’s culpability and negligence.
- Your tractor-trailer accident lawyer will review the various ways your life has been impacted by the truck crash injuries you sustained.
- We will file a claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company and negotiate on your behalf.
- If your insurance settlement is nonexistent or insufficient, we will prepare to file a semi-truck accident lawsuit against the lie of a party and fight for your rights at trial.
Compensation for Long Beach Truck Accident Victims
After suffering devastating injuries in a truck accident, recovering compensation could be the answer to your financial troubles. Although there is no amount of money that will change or make up for the trauma you endured, it can help you cover your costs now and alleviate some of the stress you may experience as you begin to heal from your injuries. Examples of recoverable damages when you work with a semi-truck accident attorney in Long Beach include:
- Income and employee benefits
- Medical bills
- The emotional impact on your life
- Disfiguring or permanent injuries
- Personal property damages
- Diminished quality of life
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Meet with a Semi-Truck Accident Attorney in Long Beach, CA for Help Today
If you are having trouble covering the costs associated with your injuries, you are not alone. It is common for big rig accident victims to find it difficult or impossible to get back to their normal lives after a collision. Thankfully, when you have an experienced and compassionate Long Beach semi-truck accident lawyer at Simmrin Law Group on your side, you do not have to worry for another moment.
While you heal from your injuries, our legal team will work diligently to bring the at-fault party to justice. We proudly offer free consultations to tractor-trailer accident victims across Long Beach and surrounding cities. Claim yours when you call us or complete our online contact form.