Bus accidents occur throughout southern California even though bus drivers undergo extensive training. Bus drivers are responsible for the passengers on the bus. If you were injured during a bus accident in Anaheim, California, our personal injury law firm can help.
The Most Common Injuries in Bus Accidents in Anaheim, California
While bus accident fatalities have decreased over the years, many victims must live with life-long pain and suffering. Bus accidents often cause extensive property damage, serious bodily injury, and death. In the worst bus accident cases, numerous fatalities are the result of the bus accident.
The following are some of the most common injuries victims suffer during bus accidents in Anaheim:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Fractured bones
- Severe burns
- Knee injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Hip injuries
Bus accidents can cause different types of injuries depending on the force of impact associated with the incident. It is possible that some bus accidents may be less catastrophic than others. A bus accident lawyer in Anaheim can help either way.
For a free legal consultation with a bus accidents lawyer serving Anaheim, call (310) 896-2723
The Most Common Bus Accidents in Anaheim, California
Bus accidents often cause serious bodily injury or death. Unfortunately, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) collects data regarding bus accidents in California and other states. The total number of fatalities caused by bus accidents has increased during the past ten years.
The most frightening thing about bus accidents is they can produce unpredictable results. If a bus accident occurs near a dangerous area, then the property damage could affect thousands of people. Many wrongful death cases are associated with bus accidents.
The following are some of the most common types of bus accidents in Anaheim:
- Bus accidents caused by inadequate maintenance and mechanical failures
- Rollover accidents
- Bus accidents involving stationary objects
- Bus accidents in which motorcyclists or bicyclists suffer injuries
- Bus accidents involving pedestrians
- Bus accidents involving cars, trucks, and SUVs
This list of different types of bus accidents is not exhaustive. A bus driver may not see a pedestrian and then swerve to miss the pedestrian, but then strikes a building that causes extensive property damage and multiple fatalities. Bus drivers need to make sure they take advantage of their training to prevent bus accidents; unfortunately, bus drivers can engage in irresponsible behavior that makes bus accidents more likely to occur.
Anaheim Bus Accident Lawyer Near Me (310) 896-2723
The Most Common Causes of Bus Accidents in Anaheim, California
Bus accidents occur due to various causes. However, the following are some of the most common causes of bus accidents in Anaheim:
- Driving While Intoxicated: Bus drivers who operate buses while under the influence of alcohol or drugs are more likely to cause bus accidents. Under California law, the blood alcohol limit for bus drivers is 0.08. However, bus drivers should not consume any alcohol or drugs while operating a bus.
- Driving at an Excessive Rate of Speed: Many bus drivers have to deal with congested streets and dangerous road conditions. Unfortunately, bus drivers who engage in reckless driving are more likely to cause bus accidents.
- Inexperience and Lack of Training: Many bus drivers do not understand the value of experience. Some bus drivers may attempt to engage in dangerous maneuvers that are more likely to cause bus accidents.
- Mechanical Failures: Regular maintenance is essential to bus safety. Tire blowouts and brake problems are common causes of bus accidents.
- Fatigued Driving: The more tired a bus driver becomes, then the more likely it is that they will have slower reaction times. Fatigued driving may cause bus drivers to lose their ability to avoid bus accidents.
- Distracted Driving: Bus accidents are more likely to occur if a bus driver is not focusing on the road. Texting while driving and eating while driving are both common forms of distracted driving.
- Reckless driving: A bus driver may not drive in a safe and reasonable manner. If bus drivers change lanes rapidly or drive at an excessive rate of speed they may cause bus accidents.
Bus accidents can be devastating. Fortunately, bus drivers can avoid bus accidents by doing everything within their power to avoid bus accidents. Those who suffer injuries during a bus accident can reach out to an Anaheim bus accident attorney for help.
The Entities Which May Be Liable for the Injuries You Suffered During a Bus Accident
Multiple parties may be liable for the injuries you suffered during a bus accident in Anaheim. You can name these entities as defendants in a civil lawsuit. The following are some of the common parties who may be liable for your injuries:
- City Authorities A bus accident may be caused by dangerous road conditions such as potholes and large roots that cause cracks in raised portions of the pavement. The municipality responsible for maintaining these roads may be liable for your injuries.
- Other Drivers: It is possible that other drivers involved in the bus accident may be liable for your injuries. These other drivers may have engaged in reckless driving.
- The Manufacturer of the Bus: A bus manufacturer may be liable for your injuries if there was a design defect or manufacturing defect that caused the bus accident.
- The Bus Maintenance Company: The bus maintenance company may be liable for your injuries if the maintenance company did not maintain the bus in the proper manner.
- The Bus Driver and Bus Company: Both the bus driver and the bus company may be liable for your injuries if the bus driver personally caused the accident and the bus company did not properly train the bus driver.
It is important to seek out the advice of a skilled bus accident attorney in Anaheim if you want to learn more about your legal rights. You can seek financial compensation for the injuries you suffered during a bus accident.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact an Anaheim Bus Accident Lawyer Today to Schedule a Free Consultation
Contact the Simmrin Law Group in Anaheim, California to schedule a free consultation. We have years of experience representing clients in bus accident cases. If you suffered injuries during a bus accident, you can seek monetary compensation for your injuries.