Motorcycle accident injuries are some of the most debilitating injuries individuals can endure in motor vehicle accidents. Bikers do not have the same level of protection surrounding them the way other types of vehicles do. This puts motorcyclists at an increased risk of severe injury or death when involved in a collision.
If you suffer debilitating injuries or damages, you may have the right to compensation for your suffering. With help from a dedicated Arcadia motorcycle accident lawyer at the Simmrin Law Group, you can bring the liable party to justice. Contact our office for a free consultation today and find out more about how much your claim could be worth.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident in Arcadia
After being involved in a motorcycle accident, you may be scared and worried about what to do next. However, your next steps could make all the difference in whether you can recover the compensation you deserve after an injury. Here are some of the first things you should do in the aftermath of a motorcycle wreck:
- Get yourself and your motorcycle to safety by moving over to the side of the road.
- Contact emergency responders and law enforcement officials at the accident scene.
- Start to gather the evidence you can use to build a case against the liable party, such as photos of the accident scene, traffic conditions, and property damages, and collect witness contact information.
- Head to the emergency room, urgent care, or your physician’s office for medical treatment and care.
- Contact an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer in Arcadia, CA, for help determining your next steps.
From there, you can rely on your motorcycle accident attorney to step in and handle the legal elements of your case. You can heal from your injuries and recuperate with your family. In contrast, your Los Angeles personal injury lawyer works on crafting a powerful claim against the individual or entity that caused your injuries.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accident lawyer serving Arcadia, call (310) 896-2723
Grounds for a Motorcycle Accident Claim
Before you proceed with your motorcycle accident case, you may be wondering whether you have the right to pursue legal action. Fortunately, there are two primary ways you can tell you have grounds for legal action.
You can rely on your motorcycle accident attorney in Arcadia, CA, to determine whether the elements of negligence have been met and whether your injuries warrant an insurance or civil claim.
For your motorcycle accident lawsuit to be successful, your motorcycle accident lawyer will need to show that the elements of negligence are met. These include:
- Duty of care – The defendant was responsible for keeping the injury victim safe or out of harm’s way.
- Breach of duty – The defendant failed to take action or made a decision that caused them to breach their duty of care to the injury victim.
- Causation – The defendant’s actions or decisions cause the injury victim’s injuries or damages.
- Damages – The defendant’s breach in the duty of care caused the victim to suffer considerable damages or injuries that significantly impacted their life.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries to Sue For
Many motorcycle accident victims have concerns that their injuries are not severe enough to pursue a claim. However, it is not necessarily the type of injury you suffer that determines your right to compensation.
The extent to which your injuries have affected your life will. However, specific motorcycle accident injuries are seen more often than others. These include:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Third-degree burns
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Facial injuries
- Road rash
- Fractured and broken bones
- Internal bleeding
- Lacerations leading to sepsis
- Contusions and abrasions
- Neck injuries
- Herniated discs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Back injuries
If you have been diagnosed with another injury related to your motorcycle accident that we did not include above, you might still have the right to legal action against the liable party. You can discuss your options further when you contact our team at the Simmrin Law Group for a free consultation.
Arcadia Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me (310) 896-2723
Cause and Fault in Arcadia Motorcycle Accidents
Your Arcadia motorcycle accident attorney must evaluate how your accident occurred so we can establish fault and prove negligence. Generally, motorcycle accidents are caused in one of the following ways:
- Distracted driving
- Drowsy driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Aggressive driving
- Reckless driving
- Failure to check blind spots
- Failure to yield
- Making illegal turns
- Failure to use your turn signal
- Failure to stop
- Dangerous road conditions
- Large potholes
- Unsecured road construction work
- Missing street signs
- Broken traffic lights
- Lack of sufficient Street lighting
- Defective motorcycle parts
Generally, when negligent driving contributes to your injuries, the irresponsible driver will be tasked with covering your costs. However, other parties could share the blame for your damages. These include:
- The city of Arcadia
- The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans)
- Motorcycle parts manufacturers
- Motorcycle dealerships
- Motorcycle dealership executives
- Motorcycle maintenance technicians
- Safety inspectors
- Motorcycle passengers
- Other third parties
You can expect our team to conduct an in-depth investigation so we can uncover not only the cause of your motorcycle collision but the identities of the liable parties as well.
Laws that Could Affect Your Motorcycle Accident Settlement
Multiple personal injury laws in California could impact your Arcadia motorcycle accident claim. These include:
- Fault insurance – California is a fault state, so you file a claim with the liable party’s insurer, not your own.
- Comparative negligence – California follows pure comparative negligence laws, so even if you share blame for the accident, you can still recover compensation for your suffering.
- Statute of limitations – The personal injury statute of limitations in California is two years from the date of the motorcycle wreck.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Get Help from a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Arcadia Today
When your motorcycle accident injuries have had a substantial impact on your life, you have a chance to make the liable party pay period with help from an experienced Arcadia motorcycle accident lawyer at the Simmrin Law Group. You can fight for the compensation that is rightfully yours.
Learn more about the value of your claim and what is next for your motorcycle accident claim when you contact our office for a no-cost, risk-free consultation. You can reach us through our convenient contact form or by phone to start working on your insurance and civil claims as soon as today.