A motorcycle accident puts your life on pause. Still, medical expenses keep coming in. If you’re feeling overwhelmed after a motorcycle crash, our motorcycle accident lawyers in Cerritos are here to help you.
At Simmrin Law Group, our personal injury lawyers in Cerritos work hard to get you the compensation you qualify for. If you’re unsure if you have a case, we can give you a free case evaluation.
What Damages Can You Recover After a Motorcycle Accident?
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident caused by someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for your damages. The types of damages you can potentially recover include:
- Medical bills: This includes costs for initial treatment, hospitalization, surgeries, rehabilitation, prescriptions, medical equipment, and ongoing medical care.
- Lost wages: If the accident prevented you from working, you may recover the income you lost while unable to perform your job.
- Pain and suffering: This is compensation for physical and emotional pain you experienced due to injuries from the accident.
- Property damage: If your motorcycle was damaged or totaled, repair or replacement costs may be reimbursed.
- Disability and disfigurement: Ongoing loss of mobility or impairment of daily activities caused by injuries can merit financial compensation.
- Loss of future earning capacity: If injuries permanently affect your ability to work or advance in your career, future income impact can be recovered.
- Wrongful death: In fatal accidents, families can pursue damages for losses like funeral costs and loss of financial support and companionship.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accident lawyer serving Cerritos, call (310) 896-2723
How Can a Motorcycle Accident Attorney Help You After You’ve Suffered Injuries?
Being involved in a motorcycle accident is traumatic, especially if you have sustained serious injuries. Dealing with insurance companies and trying to deal with legal issues alone can make an already stressful situation much worse. Here are some key ways a motorcycle accident attorney can help:
- Negotiate with insurance companies: Our Cerritos motorcycle accident lawyers are experienced at settlement negotiation and have experience dealing with insurance adjusters.
- Investigate the accident: We will thoroughly review police reports, hire subject experts, examine evidence, and determine who is at fault.
- Fight for full compensation: Your lawyer will use evidence to maximize the settlement amount for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and long-term impacts.
- Handle all legal paperwork and filings: From proof of claim forms to lawsuit documentation, we handle filing within statute of limitation deadlines.
- Advise on your medical treatment: Making sure you receive any necessary care and follow the doctor’s recommendations can impact your settlement.
- Protect your legal rights: An attorney ensures your rights are protected throughout the claims process and potentially in court if needed.
Cerritos Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me (310) 896-2723
What Are Common Injuries in Motorcycle Accidents?
Motorcycle accident injuries are often severe due to the lack of protection you have as a rider. Some of the most common injuries you could have suffered in a motorcycle accident in Cerritos include:
Head and Brain Injuries
Not only can brain injuries drastically impair function, but they also increase long-term health risks. Conditions like chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE) have been linked to repeated blows to the head and can lead to issues like depression or dementia later in life. Even concussions require serious temporary brain rest to avoid cumulative worsening effects. Longitudinal studies are still exploring all potential long-term ramifications.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Beyond mobility challenges, spinal injuries often come with lifelong discomfort or pain syndromes. Nerve damage can cause abnormal sensations throughout the damaged areas permanently.
Autonomic dysreflexia is also a concern for those with high cord lesions, bringing dangerous surges in blood pressure that require management. The recovery journey is one of rehabilitation as well as adjusting to a new normal.
Traumatic bone injuries sometimes require multiple surgeries for reconstruction and hardware insertion. Physical therapy can be a long road to relearning mobility, strength, and functionality. Range of motion may remain limited in afflicted joints permanently. Chronic regional pain syndrome is also a concern for some, as trauma “wakes up” pain signals incorrectly.
Soft Tissue Damage
Soft tissue healing takes time and consistency. Some victims face adhesion or contracture development from untreated scarring that limits natural body flexibility. Myofascial trigger point release and sports massage can help, but discomfort from soft tissue injuries often gets worse with doing too much activity or changes in the weather.
It’s important to slowly build strength again in an easy, gentle way. Pushing tissues too hard before they have fully healed can cause problems. Listening to your body and going slowly is key until everything is strong again.
What Is the Statute of Limitations For Motorcycle Accidents in Cerritos?
According to California’s statute of limitations, after your motorcycle accident, you have two years from the accident date to file a personal injury claim. Our Cerritos motorcycle accident attorneys at Simmrin Law Group can help you file on time and gather evidence for your claim.
If you don’t hire a lawyer and you miss the statute of limitations, you won’t be eligible for any compensation. This means that you’ll have to pay for the losses you’ve suffered out of your pocket.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Do Lawyers Have To Prove When Establishing Fault in Motorcycle Accidents?
In motorcycle accident cases, determining who is legally responsible or “at fault” is a key part of the litigation process. To successfully prove fault and receive compensation for their client’s damages, our Cerritos motorcycle accident attorney must clearly show the following:
- Duty of care: The defendant had a legal duty to operate their vehicle safely and reasonably according to traffic laws.
- Breach of duty: The defendant violated that duty through a specific act of negligence, like speeding, distracted driving, or failure to yield.
- Causation: The defendant’s breach was the direct cause of the accident and injuries you sustained. Common methods of proving this include crash reconstruction reports, traffic camera footage, and eyewitness testimony.
- Damages: As a result of the defendant’s negligence, you suffered financial losses, medical bills, and other harms outlined in the previous sections.
Contact Us for Legal Support After a Cerritos Motorcycle Accident
Our motorcycle accident lawyer in Cerritos at Simmrin Law Group can help you after you’ve suffered injuries. Whether it be gathering evidence or making sure you meet your personal injury claim deadline, we’re here for you.
Contact us today for a free case evaluation.