Car accidents can happen when you least expect, leaving legal, financial, and health issues in their wake. Knowing how to proceed and find help can feel overwhelming when dealing with the aftermath of an accident. You need someone that knows the law and works for your best interest, but support may seem unattainable.
If you live in Costa Mesa and feel overwhelmed and unsure of what to do after a car accident, contacting Simmrin Law Group is your first step in getting back on track. Assigning blame begins as soon as a car accident occurs. We work for you to protect your rights and legal and financial interests.
Recent statistics indicate that 529 fatal accidents and injuries occurred in Costa Mesa. These numbers do not include the less severe accidents that still accrue significant expenses, including auto repairs, missed work, and less life-threatening bodily injury treatments.
With an average of over 250,000 people injured in car accidents each year in California, it is crucial to ensure the representation of a Costa Mesa car accident lawyer for faster resolution, especially if your case goes to court. With the real possibility of a car accident occurring in your lifetime, knowing how to protect yourself is imperative. Being familiar with California law can help.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Costa Mesa, call (310) 896-2723
California is an at-fault state for auto insurance meaning the driver responsible for the accident is responsible for the cost of damages incurred by others for personal injury and property damage related to the accident. Costa Mesa drivers may also file lawsuits seeking compensation for basic medical expenses after an accident. Effective, decisive representation by a car accident attorney in Costa Mesa will help you secure this compensation, no matter how minor.
California also operates under a pure comparative negligence system, assigning percentages of fault in an accident. The driver causing the accident can be 98% at fault, but the law and insurance companies can determine that you hold 2% of the blame for the accident. Your claim compensation would equal 98%.
Costa Mesa Car Accident Lawyer Near Me (310) 896-2723
State Insurance Requirements
The only required insurance coverage in California is liability which covers the damages for the other driver when you are at fault in an accident. Depending on the age of your vehicle, your driving record, the distance you drive, and the accident rate in your area, you can determine whether to choose additional coverage. It is not mandatory but may benefit you by covering your expenses if you are determined at fault.
Click to contact our Personal Injury Lawyer today
Laws require you to stop if you have been in an accident, even when you think there is no damage. Call for medical services and the police to file a report. Because injuries can show up days after an accident, it is best to respond that you are unsure if you are injured when asked by medical professionals.
Secure Your Safety
Move to safety if your automobile is drivable and there is no additional risk of injury to passengers.
Do not admit fault or discuss blame with the other driver when engaging with the parties involved. You will need to collect the following photographing documents when possible:
- The name, phone number, and address of the other driver and any passengers
- Insurance policy information for the other driver, including policy number
- Driver’s license and license plate information of the other driver
- A detailed description of the vehicles involved, including make, model, and color
Additional information that can serve to protect you and document the accident includes:
- The responding officer’s information, including their name, badge number, and station
- A copy of the report or the incident number to access the statement online
- Names and contact information for any witnesses
- Pictures of the damage to all vehicles involved and the area where the accident took place
Make the Appropriate Contacts
You must contact your insurance company, no matter who is at fault, and file a claim with the other driver’s insurance company if they are at fault. An adjuster will be assigned to your case and will call to discuss the accident details.
The adjuster may seem helpful and willing to settle the claim quickly and easily. These seemingly accommodating interactions are often used to reduce the payout to victims of car accidents. The insurance industry is a booming business with recent net earnings of $31 billion.
Contact a Costa Mesa car accident lawyer. Years of experience and observation of the insurance industry’s unwillingness to work with accident victims make The Simmrin Law Group the advocate to fight for fair compensation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Benefits of Securing an Attorney
Having an attorney on your side when you are the victim of a car accident has its benefits. We work for you to protect your interests against insurance companies and other lawyers that may represent the other driver in an accident. Your Costa Mesa car accident attorney can:
- Collect evidence about the accident, speaking with witnesses to gain an understanding of the incident
- Work as a mediator, relaying information to the insurance adjuster so that your words are not twisted into statements benefitting their best interests
- Build a case for personal injury claims
- File your claim within the statute of limitations and represent your case if it goes to court
- Get a faster response and settlement often foregoing the need for court
Compensation You May Recover
A car accident lawyer in Costa Mesa can direct you if you need to file a personal injury claim for your damages and injuries. The statute of limitations is two years from the date of the accident or one year from the date that injuries from the accident present themselves. What can you collect compensation for?
- Payment for all crash-related medical expenses
- Lost income and potential earnings, such as bonuses, if you cannot work while recovering
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages if you can no longer participate in your life because of your injuries
- Possible punitive damages against a negligent driver
Your Best Defense in a Costa Mesa Car Accident
The events of a car accident can take a mental and physical toll, leaving you feeling helpless to pursue compensation for your injuries. Furthermore, insurance companies are looking to divert blame in an accident to protect their interests and pay as little compensation as possible. Your conversations and statements with them can be misconstrued, working against you receiving the payment you deserve.
Understanding the law and how to apply it with unwavering determination is the goal of Simmrin Law Group. We believe you deserve the best representation possible to deliver a successful outcome. We handle the hard work so you can get back to life.