Being injured in a car accident can leave you with a lifetime of pain—or much worse. Even the most minor car accidents routinely cause muscle and joint injuries, severe whiplash, back pain and concussions. More severe accidents can leave you with a disability, limited mobility, and hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical bills. You do not have to face these injuries alone and you do NOT have to pay out of pocket. You need to speak to a Los Angeles car accident lawyer.
At the Simmrin Law Group, we offer a team of experienced car accident lawyers who know how to win cases. We sit down with you to help you understand your case, what your legal rights are, and how much you’re likely to win. Then we launch our own investigation into the accident and push the insurance company to give you every dollar you need—with a history of six-figure or larger settlements. Let us give you a FREE consultation to get you started. Fill out the form to the right or call us at 310-997-4688 and get your free consultation today.
You Pay Nothing Unless We Win You Money
How much money can I recover for a car accident in Los Angeles?
If you were injured through no fault of your own, you are allowed to recover ALL of your costs. This often includes:
- The full cost of your medical bills
- Medication, rehabilitation, and physical therapy
- Lost wages if you missed work
- The cost of car damages and other property damages
- Large additional amounts of money for pain, suffering, mental anguish and more
If someone you love was killed in the accident, you may also be able to recover wrongful death costs including final expenses, their medical costs and additional money. We don’t believe that this money can even come close to making up for what happened—nothing will ever do that. But it can help you stay financially stable in the aftermath of a tragedy.
For a free legal consultation with a lawyer serving Los Angeles, call (310) 928-9347
Who is considered “at fault” in Los Angeles car accidents?
In California, whoever causes an accident is considered to be at fault and is legally liable for all costs. Normally, these costs are paid by their insurance company, not by the driver personally. However, they can be held personally liable if they don’t have insurance or if the insurance money isn’t enough.
A person can be considered “at fault” for several reasons:
- They broke a traffic law which led to the accident
- They were distracted (by a phone, food, or anything else)
- They were intoxicated or on drugs
- They drove in a way that was aggressive or unsafe
- They did not leave enough room between their vehicle and your vehicle
The specific rules for fault depend on how the accident happened, and you may not always agree with the insurance companies’ decision on who is at fault. We can help you establish what really happened and who caused the accident.
Criminal Defense Lawyer Near Me (310) 928-9347
Why do I need a lawyer to talk to the insurance company?
Your lawyer is your representative who bargains against the insurance company for you. We all know that insurance companies are run for profit, but you may NOT know that…
- Insurance companies are allowed to make misleading statements. They can call you up to “nicely” ask how you are feeling and then use what you say against you.
- Insurance companies are allowed to pay less than what you really need. The insurance company will have its own adjuster determine the “value” or cost of your claim, and they expect you to live with their answer. Just because you’re covered by a policy does not mean they will pay you the full amount unless you force them to.
- Insurance companies will use strong-arm tactics. One classic move is to delay your claim until your first medical bills are piling up, then swoop in to offer you a small amount of money—just when you need it most. They may try to use fear and financial desperation to get you to accept less than you deserve.
Under the law, you should be able to recover the full long-term cost of all your injuries—but you usually need to fight for it. Your lawyer is the person who puts the full weight of the law on your case and forces the insurance company to pay up.
What if the insurance company has already offered me money?
Be careful! This is often a trap. Insurers know that injuries take time to heal. Many injuries will also face complication or follow-up treatments months, or even years after the accident. Insurance companies don’t expect you to consider the long-term costs of your injury. They want you to jump on the chance to get money quickly, and then sign away your rights. Don’t fall for it. Always consult with a lawyer and medical team who can help you determine the true, long-term cost of your injury.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How much does it cost to hire a car accident attorney in Los Angeles?
We don’t believe you should pay anything out of pocket. The Simmrin Law Group offers a RISK-FREE payment structure:
- Your consultation is FREE
- You pay NOTHING while we work on your case
- You pay NOTHING EVER unless we win you money
Is there a deadline to file a car accident claim in Los Angeles?
Yes. In most car accidents you have 2 years to file a claim for injuries, and up to 3 years to file a claim for property damage. However, there are circumstances where the deadline is shorter—often just a few months. If you miss the deadline, the court will not consider your case and you may lose your right to recover any money at all.
Never delay. Speak to a lawyer as soon as possible after the accident, and let them handle your case while you recover.
Talk to a Los Angeles Car Accident Lawyer for Free
California law gives you the right to recover money for your injuries. Don’t let the insurance companies take that away from you. The attorneys of the Simmrin Law Group will give you a FREE consultation and help you decide if you have a claim. Fill out the form to the right or call us at 310-997-4688 and get your free consultation today.