Truck accidents are among the most serious and disastrous accidents on the road. A big rig semi-truck can weigh up to 20 times what a normal car weighs, meaning the injuries can be catastrophic—and many victims end up losing their lives. If you or your family have suffered from a truck accident, you should know that the law is on your side. You do not have to face medical bills, lost wages and other costs alone. You need to talk to a Los Angeles truck accident lawyer.
The Simmrin Law Group is here to help. We are a compassionate, dedicated law firm that works to achieve justice for the victims of truck accidents. We have a hand-picked legal team that includes some of the most respected personal injury lawyers in the state, and we know how to win cases. Let us give you a free consultation. Fill out the form to the right or call us at 310-997-4688 and get your free consultation today.
Who is at fault in a truck accident?
In theory, truck accidents follow the same rules of fault and liability as any other vehicle accident. The reality, however, is that trucks are among the most dangerous vehicles on the road. Truck companies and their drivers are held to very high safety standards, and even a small violation—or a moment of inattention from the truck driver—can count as fault. That means that:
- It’s common for the truck driver to be the one at fault
- In many cases the truck company itself may also bear responsibility
- Many truck accidents involve multiple vehicles, and it’s possible that a third party (neither you nor the truck driver) is the one at fault
The bottom line, legally, is that whoever was careless or “negligent” is the one liable for the accident. Never blame yourself if you are the victim of a truck accident.
Unfortunately, trucking companies and their insurers have very deep pockets, and they will throw a lot of resources into avoiding responsibility. That’s why a good lawyer will start by launching an investigation on your behalf—and get evidence of what really happened before it can be lost or destroyed.
For a free legal consultation with a Criminal Defense lawyer serving Los Angeles, call (310) 928-9347
How much money can I win in a truck accident claim?
The law gives you a right to a financial recovery for two kinds of damages:
- The hard costs of the accident, including things like medical costs, lost wages/missed work time, and the projected cost of all future medical treatment. This also includes any loss of future earning potential if you will be unable to work.
- “General damages.” This is a term for serious losses that don’t have a dollar value, but undeniably cost you something. For example, you can be awarded additional money for serious pain and suffering, mental or emotional anguish, or permanent injuries or disabilities.
The general damages in a truck accident case can be substantial, and are often the largest part of the money you will receive. Because of this, many truck accidents result in multi-million dollar settlements. It is not unusual to see settlement figures of $10 million or more.
Criminal Defense Lawyer Near Me (310) 928-9347
What if my loved one was killed in the truck accident?
That’s a terrible loss, and we’re sorry for what you and your family are going through. Unfortunately, we’ve worked with many families in this situation and we know that no settlement can possibly make up for it. Our goal is to win your case both to get some sense of justice for your family and also to make sure you and your loved ones are financially stable in the aftermath of the accident.
Legally, when someone is killed in an accident, their family have all the same rights that the victim themselves would have if they were alive. That means you can recover the full settlement including all medical costs and other costs.
Additionally, you have a right to other damages as well:
- Final costs such as funeral expenses
- Loss of companionship if a spouse has passed away
- Loss of earning potential if the deceased was a breadwinner
This money can never undo what happened. Our hope is that it will help you find closure and be able to move forward without financial loss.
Click to contact our Criminal Defense Lawyers today
How much does a Los Angeles truck accident lawyer cost?
At the Simmrin Law Group we don’t believe in billing injury victims for money they don’t have. In fact, we have a policy against charging ANY out-of-pocket fees to our truck accident clients. Instead, we prioritize getting you the legal help you need—and you pay us ONLY if we win you money.
- You can consult with us for free.
- You don’t need to worry about “billable hours” if you call us with questions.
- You pay NOTHING while we work on your case.
- If we don’t win you money, you owe us NOTHING, period.
If we win you money, we get paid as a percentage of the total amount recovered—and you keep the lion’s share. We believe this is a risk-free way to get you professional legal representation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Talk to a Los Angeles Truck Accident Lawyer for Free
Truck accidents are severe, painful and life-altering. You shouldn’t have to face the aftermath alone. Let the attorneys of the Simmrin Law Group shield you and talk to the insurance companies for you. We will investigate the crash, assemble hard evidence, and make sure you get all of the medical care you need. And we’ll fight to get you ALL of the money you need.
Let us give you a free consultation to get you started. Fill out the form to the right or call us at 310-997-4688 and get your FREE consultation today.