Being charged with a federal crime can be devastating. Your future may be at risk and you may be intimidated by having to face federal prosecutors. If you face such charges, you can turn to the Los Angeles federal crimes lawyers at the Simmrin Law Group. Our experienced criminal defense firm can craft a defensive strategy for a wide variety of federal crimes allegations.
Federal Fraud Cases
There are several ways that federal law combats fraud, but there are also many ways to defend against fraud cases. The most important element is to make sure you contact a Los Angeles federal crimes lawyer at the Simmrin Law Group as soon as you are made aware that you are the subject of a federal investigation.
We can help you deal with federal fraud allegations:
The importance of having a skilled federal crimes lawyer on your side is underscored by the fact that these offenses can have very severe penalties if you are convicted. For example, wire fraud can lead to as many as 30 years in prison. These are serious, life-altering consequences, and you need an experienced fraud defense team helping you beat the charges.
In some instances, federal charges are used to disrupt and dismantle organized crime. Some examples of charges that may or may not relate to organized crime include the following:
- Conspiracy: In which two or more people agree to commit a crime.
- Money Laundering: Used when someone works to “clean” money that was gained in criminal ways.
- Counterfeiting: Often a charge for creating fake money, but it can also be used when someone is accused of creating fake official documents.
These charges are very serious and can include visits from entities like the FBI, the Secret Service, and more. Such agencies can be frightening to face on your own, but the Los Angeles lawyers at the Simmrin Law Group have experience dealing with these groups and can help calm the situation as much as possible.
Federal Offenses as Elevated State Offenses
Sometimes, you may be accused of an offense like bank robbery that is always charged at the federal level. In many cases, however, you may be charged under federal statutes rather than state law because your alleged crime is considered especially heinous or the act of committing it crossed state lines.
With help from our Los Angeles federal crimes lawyers, you can defend yourself against the following charges.
- Federal Gun Offense: If you fit certain criteria, such as having a felony conviction, you are barred from owning a firearm by federal law.
- Federal Property Crime: While most property crimes are a more local offense, crimes on federal property can be charged in federal court.
- Antitrust Violations: If you are accused of conspiring to form a monopoly across state lines, your antitrust case will be tried at the federal level.
- Child Pornography: A charge of possessing or distributing child pornography can be charged at the state level or at the federal level, depending on the extent of the case.
Whenever you are being charged with a crime at the federal level, you may face more experienced and aggressive prosecution. Since cases are more difficult and can lead to more severe penalties, you need an LA federal crimes lawyer like the ones we have at the Simmrin Law Group.
You have come into the United States to pursue an education, a job, or dreams of prosperity and freedom. But immigration law is complex and you may face allegations of wrongdoing that can threaten your ability to remain in the country.
Los Angeles is not a “sanctuary city.” This means that, while local authorities do not stop you based on questions of citizenship, they do cooperate with ICE agents and may turn you over to federal authorities for violations of immigration law.
If that happens, contacting our Los Angeles federal crimes lawyers may be your best option to stay in the United States and continue to pursue your dreams.
Talk to a Los Angeles Federal Crimes Lawyer for FREE
Federal offenses are serious business and should not be faced alone. At the Simmrin Law Group, we know that it is important for clients to meet with a Los Angeles federal crimes lawyer to learn about the proper defensive strategy for their particular case. For that reason, we offer a FREE consultation with our lawyers. To contact us, fill out the form to the right of this page or call us today at (310) 997-4688.