Your life can be thrown into disarray by a criminal charge. You could be faced with high fines or even incarcerated if you are convicted in a court of law. Prosecutors can be ruthless and intimidating.
Make sure you are getting the legal aid you need by contacting an experienced Pomona criminal defense lawyer at the Simmrin Law Group for a free consultation.
Get Experienced Help on Your Side
Let us protect you in and out of court. The Simmrin Law Group understands the legal system in California. Each criminal defense lawyer in Pomona at our firm has worked to become an expert in the legal field while always focusing on putting our clients first. You can count on us if you’re facing charges for infractions, misdemeanors, or felonies.
We have a history of successfully defending clients from charges associated with:
The criminal defense lawyers of the Simmrin Law Group also have experience dealing with driving under the influence (DUI) charges and weapons charges. We can help you fight federal charges and we might be able to help clients that need their records expunged.
For a free legal consultation with a criminal defense lawyer serving Pomona, call (310) 896-2723
The Criminal Justice System in Pomona
It is crucial that you understand what to expect from a criminal charge. You will face numerous challenges if you are charged with a criminal act in the Pomona area. You can get legal help overcoming many obstacles, including:
- Interviews. You will likely be asked about your involvement in a criminal act by prosecutors and the police, but these interviews can often turn against you. You can get help making sure you don’t say anything that will hurt your case by working with a criminal defense lawyer.
- Bail Hearings. The court system uses bail to release certain people before they stand trial, and bail amounts are often set very high. The Simmrin Law Group can work to ensure you get treated fairly so you can get on with your life.
- Plea Bargaining. A plea bargain is a deal between the prosecutor and the defense that requires you to admit your guilt in exchange for less severe charges. Many of these agreements will not be in your best interest, so talk to an experienced lawyer before you accept any deal.
- Evidence Collection. Law enforcement officers will look for evidence to find you guilty. A skilled law team can make sure that they don’t break any laws and that only admissible evidence is used against you.
- Negotiating. Prosecutors will sometimes negotiate after all the evidence has been collected in a case. Do not face these skilled legal professionals on your own, as you could be taken advantage of without someone in your corner.
Pomona Criminal Defense Lawyer Near Me (310) 896-2723
Get Help from a Criminal Defense Lawyer with a Winning Record
Your future could depend on selecting the right legal team. The lawyers at the Simmrin Law Group have extensive experience and a history of winning cases. We’ll stick with you every step of the way, providing you with:
- Steadfast Support. Your Pomona criminal defense attorney understands what you are going through. We will provide you with up-to-date information about your case and the support you need to stay strong.
- Legal Training. The Simmrin Law Group ensures that our lawyers are well-trained and familiar with Pomona’s laws. Our criminal defense lawyers are experts in their fields, and they can bring their knowledge to bear for you.
- Experience in Court. You might not know what to expect from the legal system, but the Simmrin Law Group does. We have a history of beating prosecutors and protecting our clients.
Click to contact our Criminal Defense Lawyers today
Frequently Asked Questions About Criminal Charges
Let our skilled lawyers answer any of your questions, including:
What Is the Best Thing to Do After You Have Been Arrested?
You should focus on protecting yourself if you have been arrested. Your well-being should be the priority. Take steps to stay safe by cooperating with requests made by law enforcement officers.
You should also stay quiet. Police officers are not your friends. Anything you say will be noted, and it could be used against you later on. Get legal help from a criminal defense attorney in Pomona before you talk to a prosecutor or an officer or the law to make sure you don’t damage your case.
Getting legal assistance should also be an immediate concern. You can benefit from having a legal expert who is on your side and concerned with your well-being. You can get advice right away with a free consultation.
Why Not Talk to the Police if They Say They Want to Help?
Police officers do not generally want to help you. Officers of the law want to secure a conviction and they would be happy to square away your case quickly. Make sure you are talking to a criminal defense lawyer who has your best interests in mind before you say anything.
Is a Plea Bargain Worth It?
Plea bargains may be worthwhile in some circumstances, but often they favor the prosecution and leave you in the lurch. You will have to admit your guilt to accept a plea bargain and it may still come with serious penalties. Have a legal professional look over any deal to make sure it’s fair for you.
Are You Eligible for Pretrial Diversion?
When you are facing criminal charges in Los Angeles County, exploring all of your legal options is critical. One of the top ways offenders can avoid the severe penalties of a conviction is by entering a pretrial diversion program.
Generally, pretrial diversion programs are opportunities for first-time and non-violent offenders to seek rehabilitation as opposed to being subject to incarceration in a county jail or California state prison.
In exchange for completing the terms of your pretrial diversion program, the state’s prosecuting attorney will reduce or entirely dismiss the charges against you. If you are unsure whether you qualify, do not hesitate to contact our team to discuss your defense options further.
Will a Conviction Be that Bad?
Depending on your situation, you could end up paying tremendous fines or spending the rest of your life in prison if you are convicted. You should take every criminal charge seriously. Get help right away to improve your odds in court.
Can a Lawyer Win Your Case?
No criminal defense lawyer can promise a win for every case. However, you can improve your odds by working with a law team that has years of courtroom success and extensive legal experience. The Simmrin Law Group will fight for you every step of the way and never give up on your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Defend Yourself with a Criminal Defense Lawyer Today
A criminal charge in Pomona can seem like the end of your life, but it doesn’t have to be. Contact the Simmrin Law Group to find the legal help you need. You will work with a Pomona criminal defense lawyer who is here to support you and fight for your future. Contact us right away so we can schedule a free case evaluation and begin building your defense.
Get your free consultation now!