You can get professional help handling conspiracy charges in Pomona, CA by contacting the team at the Simmrin Law Group. We can help you handle conspiracy charges in the state and federal court system, increasing your odds of beating the accusations you are facing.
Our conspiracy lawyers in Pomona understand what it takes to build a strong defense for clients in your situation. You can reach out to us right now so we can begin working to block evidence against you. We may even be able to get your charges reduced or dismissed.
Make Sure You Understand the Definition of Conspiracy
Conspiracy is a serious criminal charge in Pomona. The court can charge individuals with conspiracy anytime:
- At least two people gather together
- In order to plan out a crime
- They take a step to commit the crime
Note that you can be convicted of conspiracy even if you do not successfully carry out a criminal act. Merely planning out the crime and attempting to carry it out is enough to result in a conspiracy conviction in Pomona.
For a free legal consultation with a lawyer serving Pomona, call (310) 928-9347
Charges for Conspiracy in the State Court System
We mentioned that you could be charged with conspiracy in either the state or federal court system. The state court system uses Penal Code Section 182 to prosecute conspiracy. This charge can apply if individuals conspire to commit a crime generally handled by the state court system, including:
- Grand theft
- Sexual battery
You could be charged with a misdemeanor or a felony if you are accused of conspiracy in the state court system. Convictions can lead to:
- Fines of up to $10,000
- Jail time of up to one year for misdemeanor conspiracy
- Jail time of up to three years for felony conspiracy
Note that these penalties may be greatly increased in some cases. Conspiracy to commit identity theft can lead to fines of up to $25,000. Additionally, individuals who are accused of conspiracy to commit murder, for example, can end up facing life in prison or even the death penalty.
Get help addressing these serious charges right now by contacting a criminal defense lawyer in Pomona today.
Criminal Defense Lawyer Near Me (310) 928-9347
Charges for Conspiracy in the Federal Court System
Some acts of conspiracy cannot be handled in the state court system. You could end up facing federal charges if you are accused of conspiring to:
- Defraud the United States
- Commit a crime involving the United States
There are a number of specific federal charges used to prosecute conspiracy. Make sure that you get help from a federal crimes lawyer in Pomona if you are accused of:
- Conspiracy to restrain trade or monopolize trade
- Conspiracy to commit racketeering
- Conspiracy against citizens’ righters
- Conspiracy to commit sports bribery
The penalties for a federal conviction are generally much higher than those handed down in the state court system. Depending on the specific charges you are facing, you could face decades of time in federal prison and fines of up to $1 million.
Handle All Aspects of Conspiracy Charges in Glendale
The team at the Simmrin Law Group can help you if you are facing conspiracy charges in either the state or federal court system. You can reach out to us right away after an arrest. We can take steps to:
- Advise you during questioning by law enforcement officers and prosecutors
- Prevent the admittance of evidence that could be used against you
- Assist you during your bail hearing
- Go over any plea bargains you are offered
- Get your charges reduced or even dismissed
- Construct a strong defense for your charges
Our conspiracy lawyers in Pomona believe that you deserve aggressive support throughout your legal battle. We can investigate your case. Based on the facts surrounding your situation, we could be able to argue that:
- You did not agree to commit a crime with other people
- You did not take a step to carry out a criminal act
- You were falsely accused of conspiring to commit a crime
You can improve your chances of successfully resolving a conspiracy allegation by contacting legal professionals for help right away. The Simmrin Law Group is standing by to take your call.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Build a Defense with a Pomona Conspiracy Lawyer
Address a conspiracy allegation in Pomona head-on by reaching out to the Simmrin Law Group today. We can begin working on your defense immediately. Start getting answers to your legal questions now with a FREE consultation.
Reaching our conspiracy lawyers in Pomona is easy. Just call (310) 997- 4688 or complete our online contact form.