Being involved in a truck accident can have a profound and lasting impact on the victim’s life. Beyond the immediate physical injuries, the emotional and financial toll can be overwhelming. However, you don’t have to face the legal aftermath alone. A truck accident lawyer in Gardena, CA, will help you recover the money you need to rebuild your life.
At Simmrin Law Group, we understand the financial impact a traffic accident can have, and we treat each case with urgency. Our Gardena personal injury attorneys will handle all legal aspects of your claim so you can focus on recovering. Call us today for a free legal consultation.
Who Is Responsible for the Truck Accident?
Determining responsibility for a truck accident involves a meticulous examination of various factors. While the immediate cause might be the negligence of the truck driver, the responsibility often extends to other parties.
The following parties could be liable for your truck crash:
- Truck driver: Common scenarios include instances of distracted driving, such as texting or using a mobile phone while operating the vehicle. Speeding and aggressive driving behaviors can also contribute to accidents, as can driver fatigue resulting from extended hours on the road without adequate rest.
- Trucking company: Negligence in areas such as driver hiring practices, training programs, and scheduling can contribute to accidents. For example, inadequate training may lead to a driver’s inability to handle challenging road conditions.
- Maintenance company: The responsibility of the maintenance company lies in adhering to industry standards and regulations, conducting regular inspections, and promptly addressing any issues. For instance, a poorly maintained braking system or faulty tires can result in accidents with severe consequences.
- Government entity: Poorly designed intersections, inadequate road conditions, or insufficient traffic signage can contribute to accidents involving commercial trucks. If a government entity fails to address known hazards, such as potholes or uneven road surfaces, it may be deemed responsible for resulting collisions.
- Loading company: Improper loading practices, such as uneven distribution of weight or inadequate securing of the cargo, can lead to instability during transit. If the loading company fails to communicate accurate information about the weight of the cargo to the truck driver, it can result in imbalances and increased risks on the road.
Unlike typical car accidents, truck crashes involve numerous potential contributing factors and multiple parties. An experienced attorney will analyze the accident scene, documents, and any other evidence related to the crash to shed light on who caused the incident.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accident lawyer serving Gardena, call (310) 896-2723
Available Damages After a Truck Accident
If a reckless commercial driver caused the collision, you should not have to pay for all your injuries and property damage. You have a right to pursue compensation from the at-fault party.
As a truck accident victim in Gardena, you could recover the following damages:
- Medical expenses
- The cost of future medical care
- Lost earnings
- Loss of earning potential
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
A truck accident attorney from Simmrin Law Group will quantify all your losses and estimate your future expenses. By reviewing financial documents like bills and receipts, we can form an accurate picture of how much money you lost as a result of the collision.
Gardena Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me (310) 896-2723
Negotiating With the Insurance Company for a Fair Settlement
While insurance adjusters may seem cooperative, their primary goal is to settle claims quickly and cost-effectively for the company. The initial settlement offer usually does not reflect the true extent of damages.
Consider working with a Gardena car accident lawyer experienced in truck crash cases to protect your interests. An attorney can assess the full scope of your losses and leverage this information during negotiations. They understand the tactics employed by insurance companies and can skillfully navigate the negotiation to secure a fair settlement.
Having a skilled negotiator like a personal injury attorney ensures that you have someone on your side who can talk with the insurance company and, if needed, go to court. They’ll work to get a fair deal for you, and if negotiations don’t work out, they’re ready to fight for your rights in court. Having this support increases your chances of a positive outcome in your case.
You Have a Limited Time to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit in California
In California, victims have a limited time to file a personal injury lawsuit, and this timeframe is known as the statute of limitations. Generally set at two years from the date of the accident, this deadline highlights the importance of taking prompt action. However, you could have less time than you think; exceptions may apply based on the details of each case.
Failing to file within this specified period can result in the forfeiture of your right to pursue legal action. Protect your interests by seeking legal counsel from an experienced lawyer in Gardena. They will know exactly how long you have to sue and will help you file all the necessary documentation before the deadline.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Our Gardena Truck Accident Attorneys Today
The aftermath of a truck crash can be both confusing and overwhelming. The Gardena truck accident lawyers at Simmrin Law Group understand the emotions you are going through, and we will provide support every step of the way.
Our team will guide you through the claims process, answer your questions, and review all settlement offers before you accept them. We are committed to pursuing maximum compensation for all our clients. Contact us today to discuss your options for financial recovery.