The spinal cord is such an important component of the body that even small amounts of damage to it – even just an abrasion can lead to significant injury and even debilitating mobility problems that last a lifetime. After a car accident, workplace incident, or medical mistake, you may be facing some of the biggest challenges of your life if you have suffered these types of incidents. Our Thousand Oaks spinal cord injury lawyer is your go-to support in instances like this.
Someone else caused this to happen to you. They should be held accountable. A Thousand Oaks personal injury attorney from Simmrin Law Group will work hard to ensure you receive the compensation owed to you in these situations.
Common Causes of Spinal Cord Injuries
A spinal cord injury often occurs due to an accident or assault. Some of the most common causes include:
- Vehicle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents, such as being hit by a car
- Medical mistakes during surgical procedures
- Sports impact
- Assault-related incidents, including gunshots or stab wounds
- Motorcycle accidents
Did someone else set the wheels in motion for allowing this to happen to you? Let our Thousand Oaks spinal cord injury attorney fight for you. With our experience in protecting our clients and our dedication to pursuing financial compensation for losses, we are confident you will get the legal support you need right here.
For a free legal consultation with a spinal cord injury lawyer serving Thousand Oaks, call (310) 896-2723
Why You Should Turn to an Attorney for Spinal Cord Injury Losses
Spinal cord injuries typically have long-term implications. You may be able to walk again, but it is going to take time. Sometimes, the injuries you suffer are not going to improve, and you are now facing a lifetime of challenges.
When this happens, it can be downright frustrating and overwhelming – but it is also quite expensive. When you work with a spinal cord injury lawyer in Thousand Oaks, CA, at our firm, you gain the insight and guidance you need to pursue the best possible outcome for your case. This means that we will evaluate your case, determine where your losses are, and then work hard to make the insurance company pay you – or take them to court to ensure it happens.
Reason to Work with a Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer
There are numerous reasons to work with a Thousand Oaks spinal cord injury attorney instead of handling the process of filing a claim on your own:
- We work diligently to pursue compensation for you. We do not get paid unless you win compensation for your losses.
- Our team handles the insurance adjusters who have the sole job of trying to reduce what they pay out to you. We will not let them abuse you during this process.
- You need to focus on healing and recovery and let us work to pursue the financial compensation owed to you.
- We have the experience to fight against the most powerful attorneys and insurance companies in the state of California. They are known for their ability to reduce what they pay out – luckily, we are known for the opposite.
- You do not have to feel like a victim all over again when you let us handle the legal steps. Instead, feel empowered to get the compensation you deserve.
Do not wait. We encourage you to reach out for help with your legal matter today. The sooner you do, the sooner we can begin to work closely with you to pursue a better outcome.
Thousand Oaks Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Near Me (310) 896-2723
Consider Your Losses Carefully
One of the most important steps in a traumatic incident like this is having a good understanding of your losses. This is not just your medical bills. In nearly all cases, you have had other financial losses related to this incident.
Our goal is to help you obtain all of those costs.
Many people with spinal cord injuries will need long-term help. That often includes care such as:
- In-hospital and in-center care
- Adjustments to their home
- Mobility equipment and resources
- Aides to support life needs
Additional Losses Following a Spinal Cord Injury
More so, you may be dealing with numerous other losses from this incident, such as:
- Chronic pain
- Changes to your quality of life
- Inability to work
- Job retraining needs
- Communication problems
- Loss of consortium
- Emotional trauma
That is on top of all of the initial medical bills you likely have from the accident. The cost of this type of care is often very high, and most insurance policies will tap out after a while, meaning you may not be able to afford the care and support you need. That is no fault of your own.
Proving Fault in a Spinal Cord Injury Case
If someone else is negligent in this matter, it is up to you to ensure you have an aggressive spinal cord injury attorney in Thousand Oaks, CA, available to help you pursue the losses you are facing. That means:
- Showing proof of who is responsible
- Gathering all evidence to document what occurred
- Putting in place a comprehensive list of the losses you have incurred
- Estimating – based on medical expert insight – what limitations you may have going forward due to the spinal cord injury
- Getting insurance companies to agree to pay you a settlement
- Going to court to pursue the financial compensation owed to you
Our legal team is committed to supporting you throughout this process. We will not limit you but support you as you pursue the compensation you are owed.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What to Do Now if You Have Injuries and Losses
Put our team to work with you. Contact us for a free consultation, and then:
- Come in, provide all information you have, and allow our attorneys to guide you
- Do not speak to the insurance company about your losses
- Continue to receive the medical care recommended for you
- Keep information about what occurred off of social media
- Engage with our team to stay up to date on what is occurring
There is no risk in contacting us for a free consultation, but there are a lot of potential opportunities available to you when you reach out to us. Our Thousands Oaks spinal cord injury lawyer will offer you the insight you need into how to recover the losses you have, from medical bills to long-term financial support. Set up a free consultation now to get started.