Slip, trip, or fall accidents are the top reasons for missed days at work and account for millions of emergency room visits each year, according to the National Floor Safety Institute (NFSI). Simmrin Law Group is here to help Alhambra residents and workers who experience slips, trips, or falls move toward recovery. When someone else’s negligence causes your accident, you have the right to collect compensation, and slip and fall accident lawyer in Alhambra will fight to get you the highest settlement possible.
What to Do Following a Slip and Fall Accident
Slips, trips, or falls can happen anywhere. Wherever your accident occurs, there are steps you can take to start building a case for compensation.
Report the Incident
If your accident occurs at work, inform your employer right away and file an accident report. Should the slip and fall occur on public property, such as a park, find a supervisor and inform them of the situation. Accidents that occur at places of business should be reported to the business owner or manager.
Sometimes, slips happen at a neighbor’s or friend’s house. If it happened outside of your friend’s or neighbor’s field of vision, be sure to tell them what happened as soon as possible.
When you make your report, keep your comments brief and factual, as your words can easily be used against you later. For example, even a statement as simple as “I was holding my phone when I tripped” can be used to imply you were looking at your phone instead of watching your step.
Document the Scene and Speak to Witnesses
If you can do so without compromising your safety, take pictures of the accident scene. Be sure to capture the conditions that led to your fall, such as loose floorboards, wet surfaces, frayed carpeting, potholes, or even poor lighting.
Take down contact information from any witnesses to your accident as well.
Document Your Injuries and Seek Medical Care
Along with photographing the scene, get images of your injuries and any personal property that sustained damage in the fall.
Get prompt medical attention and keep reports of your doctor visits, tests, treatments, and other relevant information. Even if you do not think your injuries warrant emergency care, see a doctor as soon as possible. Some injuries’ effects do not appear right away, and you put your health and your case in jeopardy by delaying treatment.
If you put off treatment and your injuries worsen, not only is your physical condition compromised, but your case may be too. The at-fault party can use this delay against you, claiming your injured state resulted from a lack of care and not from your initial fall.
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall accidents lawyer serving Alhambra, call (310) 896-2723
Connect with an Alhambra Slip and Fall Accident Attorney
It is in your best interests to connect with a slip and fall lawyer in Alhambra as soon as possible after your accident. Your attorney will:
- Carefully review your accident to determine the responsible negligent party.
- File a personal injury claim with California’s statute of limitations.
- Review the evidence you have already collected and gather additional evidence to support your claim. Your attorney’s connections to medical and other relevant experts are extremely valuable to your case.
- Calculate your losses and make a settlement demand to cover those losses and meet your needs.
- Handle all communication and negotiation with the at-fault party’s representatives and insurance adjusters.
- Represent you at court proceedings if the at-fault party does not offer a fair settlement, and you take the case to trial.
Alhambra Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Near Me (310) 896-2723
Injuries Sustained in Slip, Trip, and Fall Accidents
For a recent full year of data collection, the National Safety Council reports “falls” as one of the top three preventable causes of death and the number one cause of nonfatal injuries. During that same year, over 6.8 million people sought emergency room treatment after a fall.
Slips, trips, and falls cause a range of consequences. Common injuries sustained include:
- Broken bones
- Muscle, ligament, or other tissue damage
- Head injuries or internal bleeds
- Traumatic brain injury
The most severe injuries can lead to permanent consequences, but even seemingly “minor” ones can prevent you from working and earning all while your medical bills pile up.
Your Slip and Fall Accident Attorney in Alhambra Will Fight for the Settlement You Deserve
It is important that your settlement amount meets your needs. Victims’ needs vary according to the severity of their injuries and the effects of those injuries. Having an experienced Alhambra slip and fall accident attorney from Simmrin Law Group carry out a careful assessment is critical to ensuring your settlement covers:
- Medical Damages: You should not have to pay the bills for accident-related medical care or worry about financing long-term care needs, and a fair settlement will cover these expenses
- Income Loss: Wages lost to missed time at work can be recovered through a settlement. If you cannot return to work or will not be able to earn the same income because of your injuries, a settlement can cover future income and benefit losses.
- Diminished Quality of Life: Your emotional and physical suffering may reduce your enjoyment of life. Your condition may prevent you from interacting with others or engaging in activities as you did before the accident and these serious losses deserve acknowledgment.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
California Fault Laws Can Affect Your Settlement Amount
Your losses are not the only factor affecting your settlement. When you bear some responsibility for the accident, your settlement can be reduced by your level of fault, according to California’s fault system. If you are found to hold 25% of the fault for your accident, the amount you collect in a settlement will be 25% less than the total calculated amount.
The at-fault party’s insurance company will seize any opportunity to assign you blame for the accident and reduce the amount of their payout. Protect your settlement by having your slip and fall accident attorney in Alhambra handle all communications and negotiations with insurance adjusters.
We Look Forward to Fighting for You
Reach out to an Alhambra slip and fall accident lawyer from Simmrin Law Group today. Visit our contact page and call or leave us a message to schedule a free consultation. Your attorney will give your case the attention it deserves, so you can collect the compensation you need to recoup your losses and recover your financial stability.