You can get immediate help handling criminal charges in Monterey Park, CA, by contacting the professionals at the Simmrin Law Group. Make sure that you are ready to take on criminal charges by reaching out to us right now for legal advice.
A reputable criminal defense lawyer in Monterey Park, CA at the Simmrin Law Group can start working on your defense right now. Let us start working to help you during police questioning, with plea bargains, in your bail hearing, and with your criminal trial.
Understanding the Legal System in Monterey Park
You can face criminal charges in the:
- State Court System
- Federal Court System
Federal charges are generally more severe than the charges used in state court. However, the federal court only handles certain crimes, such as those that cross state lines. The state court system can handle all other criminal charges.
The Severity of Criminal Charges
You could be charged with an infraction, misdemeanor, or felony for criminal action. Infractions are not truly considered criminal acts. They are typically only punished with a small fine. Misdemeanor and felony charges are more severe. They can lead to:
- High Fines
- Jail Time
- Prison Time
- And Other Penalties
Types of Criminal Charges
California subdivides criminal acts up into different categories. Depending upon your situation, you could face:
- Sex Crime Charges – Sex crimes can take many forms, including rape, sexual assault, sexual battery, child molest station, solicitation and prostitution, and child pornography. If convicted, you could expect to register as a sex offender.
- Drug Crime Charges – There are multiple types of drugs crimes you could be charged with, such as drug manufacturing, paraphernalia possession, possession of a controlled substance, cultivation, and more. Depending on the type of offense, your charges could be upgraded to the federal level.
- Violent Crime Charges – Violent crimes, like assault and battery, aggravated assault, homicide, and capital murder, carry some of the hardest penalties. You could spend the rest of your life in prison if you are found guilty.
- Property Crime Charges – Property crimes involve damage to the property of another. This could include vehicular damage, damage to a business or residential home, or damage to someone’s personal property.
- Theft Crime Charges – Theft offenses include the intent to deprive the owner of the item of their property permanently. Examples of theft crimes include robbery, burglary, grand theft auto, and larceny.
- White Collar Crime Charges – Although white-collar crimes are not violent, they are deeply impactful. Embezzlement, fraud, money laundering, and extortion are just a few examples.
- Traffic Violation Charges – Traffic violations are different from traffic citations and you could be facing jail time and a criminal record if convicted. Examples of traffic violation charges include driving with a suspended license, drunk driving, and reckless driving.
You can get professional help handling any of these accusations with a criminal defense lawyer. You can get specialized services dealing with traffic violations from a DUI lawyer in Monterey Park.
For a free legal consultation with a lawyer serving Monterey Park, call (310) 896-2723
Go Over Your Legal Options in Monterey Park
It is important that you handle criminal charges seriously in Monterey Park. Individuals can face serious penalties, including high fines and incarceration, for a criminal conviction. A criminal defense lawyer can help you handle all aspects of your case.
Depending upon your situation, you may need a criminal defense lawyer to:
Answer Questions from Police Officers or Prosecutors
You will probably be interviewed multiple times by prosecutors and police officers after you are charged with a criminal act in Monterey Park. You should always have a criminal defense lawyer with you during these interviews, as anything you say can be turned against you later.
Handle Your Bail Hearing
Sometimes, the court allows you to pay bail in order to stay free until your criminal trial. The court sets your bail amount. A criminal defense lawyer can argue to lower the bail payment, which can make it easier to go on with your life until your trial.
Deal with Plea Bargains
Prosecutors sometimes offer individuals in Monterey Park plea bargains during a criminal case. You must plead guilty to a lessened charge to accept a plea bargain. These deals can work against you in many cases, so you should not accept one until a criminal defense lawyer has thoroughly looked it over.
Build Your Defense
Building a criminal defense can involve investigating the facts surrounding your case and monitoring the police investigation. Your criminal defense lawyer may need to speak with witnesses and dig into the facts to ensure you are treated fairly during your criminal trial.
Criminal Defense Lawyer Near Me (310) 896-2723
Get Help from Legal Professionals in Monterey Park
Individuals who try to handle criminal charges on their own in Monterey Park can give prosecutors exactly what they want. You can immediately increase the odds that you will beat the charges you are facing by reaching out to professional criminal defense lawyers.
The team at the Simmrin Law Group can start working on your defense today. You can count on us to work aggressively to:
- Block Evidence Against You
- Focus on Reducing Your Charges
- Strive to Have Your Case Dismissed
- Try to Secure Probation Over Jail Time
- Fight to Get a Not Guilty Verdict
Our criminal defense lawyers can offer you transparent updates about the state of your criminal case. Let us put our professional experience to work for you. Our legal team understands the strategies used by prosecutors and we are ready to put our experience to work for you.
Click to contact our Criminal Defense Lawyers today
Call a Monterey Park Criminal Defense Lawyer Today
Building a successful defense for criminal charges takes time. Start getting the legal help you need right now by contacting the Simmrin Law Group. Let us get to work on constructing a solid legal defense for you. You can reach an experienced criminal defense lawyer in Monterey Park, CA at our firm now to get a FREE initial case evaluation.
Increase your odds of beating any criminal charge by completing our online contact form or by calling our office.
Call or text (310) 896-2723 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form