You can get professional help handling a sex crime accusation in Oceanside, CA by contacting the Simmrin Law Group. We understand the importance of taking sexual abuse allegations seriously and we’re ready to work on a defense for your sexual misconduct charges.
A conviction of a sex crime can often lead to fines and time in jail or prison. You could also be required to register as a sex offender. Take steps to avoid these penalties by contacting a sex crimes lawyer in Oceanside. We can start defending you in and out of the courtroom now.
Rape and Other Non-Consensual Sex Crimes in Oceanside
Individuals who are accused of forcing another person into a non-consensual sex act in Oceanside could be charged with:
Rape occurs if one person forces another person into non-consensual sexual intercourse. Rape may occur if someone:
- Threatens another person into intercourse
- Uses violence to make another person engage in intercourse
- Engages in intercourse with someone who is asleep, unconscious, drugged, or drunk
You should be aware that acts of “date rape,” or non-consensual intercourse between people who have a romantic connection, are prosecuted the same way as other instances of rape in California.
Sexual battery charges may be used by the courts in Oceanside if someone:
- Touches another person in an intimate area
- In order to abuse them or to seek sexual gratification or sexual arousal
- Without the other person’s consent and against their will
Sexual battery charges are often considered less serious than rape, but they can still lead to serious consequences. It is important that you speak with a criminal defense lawyer in Oceanside if you are accused of any non-consensual sex act.
For a free legal consultation with a lawyer serving Oceanside, call (310) 928-9347
Child Molestation and Sex Crimes Involving Minors
For the purposes of sex crime charges in Oceanside, minors are individuals under the age of 18. Minors are not legally able to consent to participation in a sex act, which means any sexual conduct involving a minor can result in criminal charges, such as:
- Child sexual abuse
- Seducing or soliciting a minor
- Traveling to meet a minor
- Unlawful sexual activity with a minor
- Statutory rape
You could also face serious criminal charges if you are accused of creating, distributing, or possessing child pornography. The federal court system can even step in to prosecute child pornography cases, resulting in incredibly high fines and other harsh penalties.
Criminal Defense Lawyer Near Me (310) 928-9347
Additional Sex Crime Charges in Oceanside
Depending upon your situation, you could face a number of other charges for sex crimes in Oceanside. The following charges are commonly used to prosecute acts of sexual misconduct in California:
- Indecent Exposure. Indecent exposure involves revealing a private body area while you are in a public place.
- Lewd Conduct. Individuals who touch their private parts – or the private parts of someone else – while they are in public can face lewd conduct charges.
- Prostitution. You can face criminal charges for accepting payment to complete a sex act. You can also be charged with solicitation of a prostitute if you offer to pay someone to perform a sex act.
- Human Trafficking. Human trafficking is a very serious crime that involves restricting the freedom of someone else. This charge often involves acts of sexual abuse.
The team at the Simmrin Law Group can help you address these sexual abuse charges head-on in Oceanside.
The Penalties for Sex Crimes in Oceanside
A sex crimes conviction in Oceanside can result in:
- Restitution payments to the victim
- Time in jail or prison
- A lengthy period of probation
You may also be required to register as a sex offender if you are convicted of sexual misconduct in Oceanside. Note that if you fail to adhere to this requirement, you could be charged with failure to register as a sex offender, resulting in additional fines and a period of incarceration.
Here at the Simmrin Law Group, we are ready to help you address sex crime charges. We can investigate your case, work to block the evidence against you, and focus on assessing any plea bargains offered by the prosecution. Let us begin constructing your defense right now.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact an Oceanside Sex Crimes Lawyer Right Away
You can immediately improve your odds of successfully resolving a sex crime allegation by contacting a sex crime lawyer in Oceanside. Get the help you need by reaching out to the Simmrin Law Group today. We can start working on your defense with a FREE initial case evaluation.
Contacting us for legal help is easy. Just complete our online contact form or call (310) 997-4688 to learn more about your legal options.