Improve your odds of successfully resolving a charge for driving under the influence (DUI) in El Segundo by contacting the Simmrin Law Group now. You can reach out to us right away after you are arrested to get help with:
- Interviews conducted by prosecutors and law enforcement officers
- Your bail hearing if applicable
- Any plea bargains you are offered
- The construction of a strong defense
Our DUI lawyers in El Segundo know what it takes to defend clients in your situation. Let us assess your unique legal needs to develop a specialized defense designed to get your charges reduced or even dismissed.
DUI Arrests in El Segundo
Law enforcement officers in El Segundo may stop a driver if they have reasonable cause to believe the driver is operating a vehicle under the influence of alcohol. Once a driver has been stopped, a police officer could request that they complete:
- Chemical testing, or assessments designed to measure a driver’s blood alcohol content (BAC)
- Field sobriety testing, or tests designed to measure a driver’s motor skills
You may be legally allowed to refuse these tests in El Segundo in some circumstances. However, you must always comply with the requests of a law enforcement officer if you are:
- On DUI probation
- Under the age of 21
- Legally arrested
Failure to comply with legally ordered tests can lead to additional criminal charges in El Segundo.
For a free legal consultation with a Criminal Defense lawyer serving El Segundo, call (310) 928-9347
DUI Charges in El Segundo
You could be charged with a DUI after a traffic stop in El Segundo. You can face a number of different criminal charges depending upon your age, your reported BAC level, your status as a commercial driver, and whether or not you are accused of using illicit drugs before operating a vehicle.
Examples of the charges you could face if accused of a DUI include:
- California Vehicle Code Section 23152(a): Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol
- California Vehicle Code Section 23152(b): Driving with A Blood Alcohol Content Of 0.08 Percent or Higher
- California Vehicle Code Section 23152(g): Driving Under the Combined Influence of Alcohol and Drugs
- California Vehicle Code Section 23152(f): Driving Under the Influence of Drugs
An El Segundo DUI lawyer can help you face any of these charges with confidence. Reach out to the professionals at the Simmrin Law Group today if you are accused of a DUI.
Criminal Defense Lawyer Near Me (310) 928-9347
DUI Convictions in El Segundo
Convictions for DUIs in El Segundo can lead to very serious results. You could be fined, sent to jail, and subjected to the suspension of your driver’s license. These penalties can increase each time you are convicted of a DUI, as the following examples demonstrate:
Fines for DUIs In El Segundo
- Up to $2,000 for a first offense
- Up to $2,500 for a second offense
- Up to $3,000 for a third offense
Jail Time for DUIs in El Segundo
- Up to six months for a first offense
- Up to one year for a second or third offense
License Suspension for DUIs in El Segundo
- Up to one year for a first offense
- Up to two years for a second offense
- Up to three years for a third offense
Click to contact our Criminal Defense Lawyers today
DUIs and the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) in El Segundo
In addition to facing criminal charges in court if you are accused of a DUI in El Segundo, you will need to schedule a hearing with the DMV. You will have 10 days after your arrest to request this hearing. If you do not request the hearing in time, your license can be suspended automatically.
A traffic violation lawyers in El Segundo can help you handle your DMV hearing and your criminal trial. The team at the Simmrin Law Group can get to work now on your defense, so contact us today.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
DUIs and Legal Defenses in El Segundo
You can get professional help right away if you are accused of a DUI in El Segundo. Your lawyer can investigate your case. They may be able to prove that any tests you took – including the breathalyzer – returned inaccurate or false-positive results.
Your lawyer could also argue that you were illegally stopped by a police officer. Police officers can only pull people over if they have reasonable cause to suspect they are committing a crime. If you were stopped without a good reason, your charges could be dismissed entirely.
Contact an El Segundo DUI Lawyer Today
The Simmrin Law Group can help you take on DUI charges in El Segundo. You can rely on us to build you a courtroom ready defense quickly. Find out more about how we can help you by contacting our DUI lawyers in El Segundo for a FREE case evaluation.
You can reach us by calling (310) 997-4688 or filling out our online contact form.