Many drivers in Santa Ana face accusations of driving under the influence (DUI). DUI charges can lead to fines, jail time, and the suspension of your driver’s license. Simmrin Law Group has fought for clients in your position and won their DUI cases. Get the help you need today from our Santa Ana DUI lawyer.
Why Hire a DUI Lawyer from Simmrin Law Group for My Case in Santa Ana?
If you’re wondering, “do I need a lawyer to fight a pending DUI charge?”, we advise that you do hire an attorney. The risk of losing your case or accepting an unfavorable plea deal are simply too great not to hire a lawyer.
The DUI attorneys at Simmrin Law Group understand that mistakes happen. Our goal is to work with prosecutors in your case, seek an acceptable outcome, or even have your charges dismissed. DUI cases are one of our primary practice areas, which means that:
- We understand what is at stake when it comes to winning your case
- Our attorneys have relevant legal experience
- We can anticipate how your case may unfold
- We understand the specific challenges that DUI cases in Santa Ana may present
- We have experience finding resolutions, whether through negotiations with prosecutors or in court
You likely want a DUI attorney who has been there before. Attorney Michael Simmrin and his team have the legal background that those facing a DUI, like yourself, seek.
Our Team Treats Clients Like Family
When a client entrusts their DUI case to us, we have a great responsibility. You are trusting us to protect your reputation, freedom, and future. Our criminal defense lawyers consider each client a member of our family—your DUI defense will be personal to us.
Simmrin Law Group will honor your trust in us by:
- Fighting for the best possible outcome based on your unique circumstances
- Defending your rights and dignity throughout the legal process in Santa Ana
- Putting your interests first throughout the legal process—we will go to court if it is the best option for you
- Keeping you informed of all case updates
- Being available for all phone calls, emails, in-person meetings, and other forms of communication
While we will be your defense attorneys, we’ll also be your partners. We encourage you to voice any questions or concerns you have, and we’ll always respond as best we can.
Client Testimonials Show Our Effectiveness in DUI Cases
We have helped many clients in Santa Ana and throughout California. Our testimonials show how Simmrin Law Group works tirelessly on our clients’ behalf:
- “Michael was very professional throughout my case. He was always a phone call or a text away from any questions I had for him, and he would always tell me the rundown of what is going on. Out of 10 lawyers, he was the only one who stood out to me. Every lawyer had told me the outcome of my case was me basically losing, but Michael said otherwise! He is very reliable and trustworthy, and if he says he will try his best for you, best believe he will do just that!” – Hoan Le, former client
- “I felt like my life was about to get torn apart by a DUI. Then I worked with Michael Simmrin Law Group. Mr Simmrin is awesome! Michael and his Law Group got the case dismissed! I feel like my life is finally back on track.” – Megan Cekic, former client
You’ll find that these sorts of glowing reviews are common. We have a reputation for solving even the toughest legal challenges, and we’re ready to get to work for you.
For a free legal consultation with a dui lawyer serving Santa Ana, call (310) 928-9347
Charges for Driving Under the Influence in Santa Ana
The state of California uses DUI charges to prosecute individuals who operate motor vehicles with a high blood alcohol content (BAC) or who are impaired in other ways. The state has set BAC limits that can be harsh for some groups. You could be arrested if your BAC exceeds the following levels:
- For drivers under 21: .01%
- For non-commercial drivers over 21: .08%
- For commercial drivers over 21: .04
Police officers attempt to measure sobriety in a few ways if you are involved in a traffic stop or motor vehicle accident. Some police officers will ask you to perform field sobriety tests, which can include walking in a straight line. You might also be asked to take a chemical test to measure your BAC or to test for drugs.
Note that in SOME situations you are legally allowed to decline these tests. However, you must comply with the tests requested by police officers if you have been arrested. You must always take the tests if you are under 21 or on DUI probation. Refusal to submit to a legally mandated chemical test can lead to harsh punishments.
You can face serious penalties if you are convicted of a DUI. Even a first-time offense can cost you your license for an entire year. You could also face fines of up to $2,000 and a six-month jail term. The punishments for a DUI grow more severe every time you are convicted.
Getting help from a Santa Ana criminal defense lawyer can make fighting a DUI charge easier. The lawyers from Simmrin Law Group understand how the court system works and have the resources to build your defense.
Santa Ana DUI Lawyer Near Me (310) 928-9347
Charges for Traffic Infractions in Santa Ana
A DUI lawyer can also help you if you’re charged with a traffic infraction. Traffic infractions are less serious driving violations that are not considered criminal acts. Individuals commit traffic infractions when they:
- Misuse the carpool lane
- Run stop signs
- Illegally change lanes
- Break other rules of the road
Many times, police officers give you a ticket after you commit a traffic infraction. You can also receive tickets from red light cameras in the Santa Ana area. The California Supreme Court has deemed such tickets Constitutional, so you must treat them seriously if you receive them in the mail.
Traffic infractions usually result in small fines and the addition of points to your driver’s license. Note that your license will be suspended if you get too many points, including:
- 4 Points in 1 Year
- 6 Points in 2 Years
- 8 Points in 3 Years
Charges for Other Traffic Violations in Orange County, CA
More serious traffic offenses, including DUIs, may qualify as criminal acts in Santa Ana. These acts may qualify as misdemeanors or felonies, depending on your specific circumstances. Some common examples of criminal traffic violations include:
Individuals commit reckless driving if they operate a motor vehicle in a way that endangers others. We see many examples of reckless driving on the roads in Santa Ana, including:
- Road rage
- Illegal passing
Driving on an Invalid License
You are only legally allowed to operate a motor vehicle in Santa Ana if you have a valid driver’s license. Individuals can face serious legal penalties for:
- Driving on a suspended license
- Driving on a revoked license
Penalties for Criminal Traffic Violations
Convictions for criminal traffic violations can include fines, jail time, and a probationary period. The Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) may also add points to your license for these serious traffic violations.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Santa Ana DUI Lawyer Can Defend You
Convictions for traffic violations can cost years of your life, money, your driver’s license, and your reputation. A DUI lawyer in Santa Ana can help you fight any traffic violation charge you’re facing. Simmrin Law Group has years of experience fighting for those accused of DUI in Santa Ana. We can advise you about your situation right now with a FREE consultation.
Let us start your defense by calling Simmrin Law Group today.