Being charged with DUI can be a scary situation. If you’ve been pulled over for drunk driving or driving under the influence (DUI) of drugs, you need a skilled Glendale DUI lawyer by your side.
The Simmrin Law Group has several experienced DUI lawyers who will listen to your story of what happened and take your side. In many cases, we can get the charges reduced or dismissed. Our goal is to get you the best possible outcome.
Our criminal defense team defends clients who are first-time offenders as well as repeat offenders. Our Glendale criminal defense team offers you a free consultation on your case, and we can meet with you at the police department, the hospital, or wherever you need us. A DUI lawyer in Glendale can help you present your legal defense and complete the steps necessary to protect your driver’s license from suspension after a DUI charge.
Blood Alcohol Content Levels
California has a blood alcohol content (BAC) limit of .08% for when you’re driving a motor vehicle. If your BAC is above that level, you will be charged with driving under the influence (DUI). However, other limits have been set by the California legislature in addition to the .08% rule.
- Commercial Vehicle Drivers: Must have a BAC below .04%
- Drivers Under the Age of 21: Must have a BAC below .01%
Refusing a breathalyzer test to determine your BAC could mean you face a year-long suspension of your driver’s license. It is sometimes better to take the test since there are ways for a skilled DUI attorney in Glendale to dispute the results.
For a free legal consultation with a dui accidents lawyer serving Glendale, call (310) 896-2723
Possible DUI Penalties
DUI penalties in California depend on whether this is your first offense and other circumstances. While a first-time offense may be treated as a misdemeanor, subsequent offenses may be treated as felony offenses, with harsher penalties attached. Remember that if you drive for a living, you face a potential loss of work on top of legal penalties.
Penalties for driving under the influence of drugs are much the same as for a DUI conviction. Aggravating factors such as causing a collision while driving under the influence — especially if a property is damaged or a person is injured or killed during the incident — will impact the severity of the charges.
If someone is killed while you are driving under the influence, you may be charged with DUI manslaughter or even DUI murder if it can be proven you were aware of the potential consequences of your actions. That’s why it’s important to speak with a Glendale DUI attorney as soon as possible to understand the full ramifications of the charges against you and prepare a legal defense.
Ignition Interlock Devices (IID)
Los Angeles is one of four pilot counties in California in which the use of an Ignition Interlock Device (IID) is mandatory if you are convicted of a DUI. It doesn’t matter if you live in another county that is not one of the pilot counties. If the offense and conviction happened in Los Angeles County, you must install an IID on any vehicle you drive at your own expense.
The Ignition Interlock Device is a breathalyzer in your vehicle that will require you to blow a BAC below the legal limit for your car to start.
Glendale DUI Accident Lawyer Near Me (310) 896-2723
Potential Defense Against a DUI Charge Used by a DUI Attorney
There are several legal defenses our criminal defense team will explore in your case. These include:
- You were not “under the influence” of drugs or alcohol.
- A mental or physical condition such as anxiety or exhaustion made you appear to be under the influence.
- The administration and/or collection of the breathalyzer or blood or urine samples were mishandled or done incorrectly.
- If evidence was gathered against you at a DUI checkpoint in Glendale, that checkpoint might not have fully complied with the standards the California Supreme Court set.
- And more, depending on the individual circumstances of your case.
Click to contact our Glendale Criminal Defense Lawyers today
Other Traffic Violations Charges We Can Help You With
The Glendale DUI lawyers at the Simmrin Law Group can also help you with several other traffic violation charges. We are experienced with all the peculiarities of traffic court and the DMV, and we will work to get you the best possible outcome with the least disruption to your life. Common traffic violations charges include:
- Driving on a Suspended License
- Driving Without Insurance
- Reckless Driving
- Red Light Camera Tickets
- Speeding Tickets
- Other Traffic Violations
Many of these charges don’t just have implications for your criminal record. They can also jeopardize your driver’s license and right to drive. At Simmrin Law Group, we can manage your in-court legal defense and the timeline for scheduling hearings and appointments with the DMV.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Questions to Ask a DWI Lawyer
When searching for the most experienced DUI attorney in Glendale, CA, you need to have a list of questions ready to ask at your initial appointment. The most important questions to ask include the following:
- How long have you been representing clients charged with DUI in California?
- How many DUI cases have you won in the past year?
- What percentage of cases go to trial when defending clients for DUI charges?
- Will you have experienced staff assist you with my DUI case?
- What will the charge be for representing me in a DUI case?
- Can appointments be scheduled on nights or weekends if I cannot meet with you during the day?
- Do you bill for mileage?
- How much will the initial charge or lawyer fee cost?
- Do you offer a payment plan?
- If you represent clients in other areas of criminal defense, what percentage of cases will you handle related to DUI?
- Can you represent me in court and at a DMV hearing?
Talk to a Glendale DUI Attorney for Free
If you or a loved one is facing a DUI or other traffic charges, you need an experienced Glendale DUI lawyer to help you navigate the legal system. Call the Simmrin Law Group or use our contact form for a free case evaluation with a DUI lawyer near me in Glendale, CA. We’re available to help you 24/7 when it comes to criminal defense law.
Call or text (310) 896-2723 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form