Attempting to deal with grand theft charges in Glendale on your own can lead to serious consequences. A conviction for grand theft auto can easily lead to years of time behind bars and incredibly high fines that can feel impossible to pay.
The Simmrin Law Group can provide you with the legal advice you need if you are accused of grand theft. Our team of professional grand theft lawyers in Glendale can begin working on your defense right away. Let us go over all of your legal options right now.
Acts That Lead to Grand Theft Charges in Glendale
The court system in Glendale uses grand theft charges to prosecute individuals who are accused of stealing money or goods from others. However, not all acts of theft are treated as grand theft. In fact, according to California Penal Code Section 487, individuals should only be charged with grand theft if:
- They Steal More Than $950 of Most Items
- They Steal More Than $250 Worth of Aquacultural or Agricultural Products OR
- They Steal Any Number of Guns, Horses, or Motor Vehicles
Additionally, grand theft charges generally only apply if an act of theft is indirect and if it does not involve force or violence.
For a free legal consultation with a lawyer serving Glendale, call (310) 896-2723
Additional Theft Charges in Glendale
Theft crimes that do not meet the definition of grand theft in Glendale can still be prosecuted. The court system can use the following charges to handle these acts:
- Petty Theft. Petty theft charges can be used for acts of theft that involve under $950.
- Burglary. Burglary charges may apply if an individual enters a building or locked vehicle to commit petty theft or a felony.
- Robbery. Individuals who steal goods or monies using force or fear can be charged with robbery.
A criminal defense lawyer in Glendale can offer you legal support if you are charged with any of these acts. The professionals at the Simmrin Law Group are ready to provide you with the legal advice you need to effectively handle any theft crime charge.
Criminal Defense Lawyer Near Me (310) 896-2723
Go Over the Penalties for a Glendale Grand Theft Conviction
You can face misdemeanor or felony grand theft charges in Glendale. Prosecutors may consider the facts surrounding your case as well as your criminal history when deciding if they will use misdemeanor or felony charges.
You could face up to one year of jail time if you are convicted of misdemeanor grand theft. A felony conviction can result in up to three years of jail time. You may also face some sentencing enhancements if you are accused of the theft of particularly large sums of money. For example, the theft of:
- 65,000-$200,000 Can Add One Year of Prison Time
- 200,000-$1,300,000 Can Add Two Years of Prison Time
- 1,300,000-$3,200,000 Can Add Three Years of Prison Time
- 3,200,000 and Above Can Add Four Years of Prison Time
Getting professional legal help on your side right away can immediately reduce the odds that you will be convicted of grand theft in Glendale.
Stand Up to Grand Theft Accusations with Legal Professionals
You will be more likely to beat a grand theft accusation in Glendale if you have the help of a professional criminal defense lawyer. The theft crime lawyers at the Simmrin Law Group can begin working on your case right now. We can:
- Support You During Interviews with Police Officers and Prosecutors
- Monitor the Police Investigation into Your Case
- Work to Block Evidence that Could be Used Against You
Our grand theft lawyers can also review any plea bargains you are offered by prosecutors. While some plea bargains may be in your best interest, these deals can also work against you and they should not be accepted without being given due consideration.
Your lawyer can work aggressively to review the facts of your case and to support you in the courtroom. Depending upon your situation, a grand theft lawyer could argue that:
- You Are Facing False Accusations
- You Took Property That Belonged to You
- You Had No Intention to Commit Grand Theft
Getting professional help handling grand theft charges can help you move forward with your life.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
A Glendale Grand Theft Lawyer Can Work for You
The professionals at the Simmrin Law Group can help you build a strong defense if you are accused of grand theft. Our grand theft lawyers in Glendale are ready to start working on your case immediately. You can reach us right now by calling (310) 997-4688 or completing our online contact form immediately.
Start getting legal advice when you need it most with a FREE consultation.