Were you pulled over for driving under the influence (DUI) in Carson, California? If so, you may want to reach out to a Carson DUI lawyer for help building a defense. A lawyer from Simmrin Law Group can get to work on your case right away.
Everyone makes mistakes. Let’s move forward.
Simmrin Law Group Will Take Your DUI Defense in Carson Off of Your Hands
Whether you’ve had a lapse in judgment or been improperly accused of a DUI, Simmrin Law Group can provide relief. A DUI charge can cause uncertainty, stress, and confusion. Attorney Michael Simmrin and his team will fight for a positive case outcome. You may sleep easier knowing that your case is in our hands.
We’ll handle every step of your DUI case in Carson, including:
- Collecting evidence: We’ll seek all relevant evidence in your case, including any that indicates you’re not guilty of a DUI. We may even obtain video footage from the law enforcement department that handled your DUI arrest. Our team will preserve this evidence to use in settlement negotiations or at trial.
- Gathering witness accounts: Witnesses may assert that you were not intoxicated at the time of your arrest. They may also help prove that you were not driving in a way that warranted a traffic stop. Our team will interview any knowledgeable witnesses and record their accounts.
- Consulting with experts: If any experts can improve your case, we’ll hire them. Expert witnesses can include accident reconstruction specialists and substance abuse counselors.
- Negotiating with prosecutors: We have resolved many DUI cases by negotiating with prosecutors. Our attorneys will evaluate any plea bargains and determine whether they suit your situation.
- Going to trial, if one is necessary: It may be worth fighting your DUI charge in court. If litigation is the most appropriate option in your case, Simmrin Law Group will fight for your freedom in court.
DUI cases in Carson involve many details. From completing paperwork to overseeing case-related communications, we will complete every aspect of your defense.
For a free legal consultation with a dui lawyer serving Carson, call (310) 896-2723
Why Do Those Accused of DUIs in Carson Hire Simmrin Law Group?
Regardless of the specific details of your DUI arrest, hiring an attorney may be in your best interest. Those accused of DUIs may:
- Have no legal training or experience
- Be completely unfamiliar with the criminal justice system
- Have no understanding of what makes a strong defense
- Be extremely vulnerable to manipulation by seasoned prosecutors
- Face severe stress and anxiety because of their DUI charge
These are all strong reasons to hire Simmrin Law Group for your DUI case in Carson. Our attorneys do have legal experience, including extensive experience in DUI cases. We are familiar with the Carson criminal justice system, including specific judges and prosecutors.
We Advocate for DUI Defendants in Carson
By hiring Simmrin Law Group, you’ll gain the support of a firm with proven results and extensive resources. Attorney Michael Simmrin and his team will handle every step of the legal process. Our team can protect you from the stress and uncertainty of handling your case alone.
Just consider what one former client wrote about Simmrin Law Group:
- “I would like to Thank my lawyer Mike for the Great work on my case! Mike and his team took care of everything that I needed during my case leaving me with no stress and most of all he got my DUI charge dropped and dismissed! Outstanding work! Best law group.” – Maximina, former client
You’ll receive this same standard of representation if you hire us for your DUI case in Carson.
Carson DUI Lawyer Near Me (310) 896-2723
We’ll Get the Story of Your DUI Arrest in Carson
A police officer may pull you over if they have reason to believe you are breaking a traffic law. This means the police may stop you if they think you’re driving under the influence. Police officers often keep an eye out for drivers operating their vehicles erratically.
Once an officer pulls you over, they may ask you questions about where you were and if you had anything to drink. You can politely decline to answer these questions. Anything you say to the officer could be used against you later.
The officer may also ask you to complete field sobriety tests or blood alcohol content (BAC) tests. The results of these tests may lead to a DUI arrest. Note that, in California, you give implied consent to BAC testing after an arrest. This means that you cannot legally decline a BAC test. Refusal to take a legal BAC test could result in the suspension of your license and other penalties.
Click to contact our Carson Criminal Defense Lawyers today
Get Legal Help Fast After a DUI Arrest
You can contact a criminal defense lawyer in Carson after you are arrested for a DUI. A lawyer from our team will begin working on your case right away. Your lawyer may assist you:
During Your Arraignment Hearing
You will learn about the charges you are facing at your arraignment hearing. DUIs in Carson may get treated as misdemeanors or felonies. Most DUI charges are misdemeanors. You will also enter your plea at the arraignment hearing. A DUI lawyer will generally advise you not to plead guilty, though each case is unique.
With the Prosecution
The prosecution will be interested in securing a conviction in your case. A lawyer can help you stand up to prosecutors. Your lawyer may block the prosecution’s evidence, assess any plea offers, and negotiate a resolution to your case.
Building a Defense
A Carson DUI lawyer from Simmrin Law Group can get to work on your defense immediately after your arrest. Your lawyer will assess the facts of your case and may prove that:
- You were not impaired at the time of your arrest.
- A police officer stopped you without probable cause.
- A police officer administered DUI-related tests improperly.
The facts of your case are unlike any other. Our team will provide a personalized defense.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Results of a Carson DUI Conviction
DUIs are serious offenses in Carson. You will likely be charged with a DUI if you allegedly operated a vehicle while impaired by alcohol or drugs. A DUI conviction may lead to serious penalties, including:
- Jail time
The court may also require you to install an ignition interlock device (IID) after a DUI. IIDs are not always required for a first DUI conviction. However, you are expected to install an IID after any subsequent DUIs.
DUI convictions remain on your driving record for 10 years. Each time you are arrested for a subsequent DUI, you may face harsher penalties. Drivers with enough DUIs on their record may even end up facing felony charges.
A strong defense is essential. A lawyer from our firm will protect your rights and assess your situation. They can help you get your charges reduced with a plea bargain. Your lawyer may also work to defend you in court, seeking a dismissal of your case.
Speak to a Carson DUI Lawyer Immediately
You can contact a DUI lawyer in Carson right now if you were accused of a DUI. The team at Simmrin Law Group is prepared to start your defense today. Reaching out to us for help is simple; just call. You can also fill out our online contact form.
You can learn more about your legal options during your FREE consultation.
Call or text (310) 896-2723 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form