Driving under the influence (DUI) in Chula Vista is a serious criminal charge that can throw your life out of balance. You may feel like you don’t have any options after being arrested. Prosecutors and police officers may try to make you believe that a conviction is inevitable.
The truth is that you may beat your DUI charge or negotiate an acceptable plea bargain. Get professional help from a DUI lawyer in Chula Vista today. Simmrin Law Group is ready to assist you.
DUIs and the Department of Motor Vehicles
DUIs are complicated because you may have to deal with both a criminal case and a hearing with the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). The DMV has the power to suspend your driver’s license after a DUI arrest.
Protecting your license requires you to request a DMV hearing. You generally only have 10 days after a DUI arrest to request this hearing. Individuals who do not request hearings in time may have their licenses suspended automatically.
We can help you request your hearing and will represent you with the DMV. Our team will fight hard to ensure your driving privileges.
For a free legal consultation with a lawyer serving Chula Vista, call (310) 928-9347
Penalties for DUIs in Chula Vista
In addition to losing your license, you could be sent to jail if you are convicted of a DUI. A first-time DUI offense could lead to six months of jail time. You can be sent to jail for even longer if you are convicted of subsequent DUIs within a ten-year period.
Drivers convicted of DUIs may also face substantial fines. The court can order you to attend an alcohol treatment program and impound your vehicle, requiring additional payments to retrieve it.
You should be aware that penalties may become even more severe if:
- You have multiple DUIs.
- Your blood alcohol content (BAC) was high enough to warrant additional legal consequences.
- Someone suffered injuries or died in a DUI-related accident.
Criminal Defense Lawyer Near Me (310) 928-9347
A DUI in Chula Vista Can Cause Harm Beyond the Legal Consequences
From jail time to fines to a suspended license, the legal consequences of a DUI conviction are significant. However, the consequences of a DUI may extend beyond legal repercussions.
A DUI conviction in Chula Vista may also:
- Affect your employment: A DUI conviction may cause you to lose your job. Employers may choose not to hire you in the future because of a conviction. As a result, you may lose income, earning power, and other professional benefits.
- Disqualify you from housing: When you are seeking housing in a competitive market, a DUI conviction could stand between you and the residence you want.
- Affect child custody arrangements: Courts may view a DUI conviction as a sign of poor character—fairly or not. Therefore, you may lose parental rights because of a DUI conviction.
- Affect personal relationships: A DUI conviction can strain your personal relationships. Whether due to jail or prison time, financial stress, or your inability to drive, you may lose important people in your life after being convicted.
- Diminish your mental health: The pressures resulting from a DUI conviction may compromise your mental health. You may even experience depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts, and other life-threatening conditions.
You should consider hiring an attorney from our firm. We will use our legal training, experience, and resources to fight for you. If successful, we will help you avoid the significant consequences that come from a DUI conviction.
We’ll Fight DUI Charges for You in Chula Vista
You don’t have to fight a DUI accusation on your own. In fact, having our firm on your side could provide several benefits. Our team has helped many clients in your position. We’ve used many strategies to win cases, and we may argue that:
- An officer had no probable cause to pull you over.
- An officer violated your Miranda rights.
- There is not enough evidence to convict you of a DUI.
- The arresting officer did not properly administer a breathalyzer or blood test.
- Your arrest was unlawful.
Our team may even refute the results of a breathalyzer or blood test. Breathalyzer devices can be notoriously inaccurate, and blood tests sometimes give different results when independent laboratories test them.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Simmrin Law Group Will Assist You
In addition to crafting a specific defense for your case, Simmrin Law Group will handle every other step in the legal process. We will manage your case by:
- Gathering the facts of your traffic stop, arrest, and related developments
- Reviewing evidence from your arrest, including video footage, test results, and witness accounts
- Evaluating your situation
- Communicating with prosecutors and others involved in your case
- Exploring options for a plea bargain
- Going to trial, if doing so is in your interests
We develop a personalized strategy for each case we handle. Our team will discuss the target outcome for your case. We will work to secure the best possible outcome for you, whether that is a dismissal of charges, a not guilty verdict, a plea agreement, or another outcome.
You will have the final say in how we handle your case. We are simply your advisors and legal advocates.
Client Testimonials for Simmrin Law Group
We have successfully represented many clients facing DUI charges in California. Several of those clients have left us rave reviews:
- “Simmrin Law Group literally helped me achieve what I thought was going to be the impossible. Michael is very professional, knowledgeable and an awesome person! He gave me hope, was very patient with things when I didn’t understand and delivered!” – Raquel, former client
- “Incredible working with this firm. I was scared coming in and having to hire a lawyer. Simmrin Law Group made me feel comfortable and confident. My charges were dropped and walked away with no time served. I owe a lot to them! Thank you guys!” – Jeff, former client
Everyone makes mistakes. Move forward with Simmrin Law Group on your side.
Get the Help You Need from a Chula Vista DUI Lawyer
The team of DUI lawyers at Simmrin Law Group is ready to start your case in Chula Vista. We can even help you fight other traffic violation charges, like reckless driving or vehicular manslaughter.
Let us start working on your case by filling out our online form or calling us today for a FREE consultation.