The court system in Diamond Bar can hand down harsh penalties if you are accused of driving under the influence (DUI). A DUI conviction can result in fines, jail time, and the suspension of your license. Fortunately, you can get help standing up to these charges by contacting the Simmrin Law Group.
Our team of DUI lawyers in Diamond Bar can begin building your defense right now. We can offer you dedicated support by:
- Working to Block Evidence Against You
- Investigating the Facts of Your Case
- Moving to Reduce Your Charges
- Focusing on Getting Your Charges Dropped
Let us offer start working on your defense in Diamond Bar right now.
Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) and DUIs in Diamond Bar
Drivers may be charged with a DUI if their blood alcohol content (BAC) exceeds the maximum levels set by the state of California. Generally, drivers must keep their BAC below:
- 0.01% If They Are Under 21
- 0.04% If They Are Commercial Drivers
- 0.08% If They Are Noncommercial Drivers Over 21
Your BAC could be measured with chemical testing. Breathalyzers are often used for on-the-spot BAC tests. The results of these tests can be disputed by a professional criminal defense lawyer in Diamond Bar. This means that you could beat a DUI charge even if your BAC is found to be above the legal limit.
For a free legal consultation with a lawyer serving Diamond Bar, call (310) 928-9347
Penalties for Basic DUI Charges in Diamond Bar
Getting professional help on your side immediately after a DUI charge can increase your odds of beating the accusations you are facing. This can be very important, as the penalties for a DUI conviction can be incredibly harsh. A first-time conviction for a DUI can lead to:
- Up to $2,000 in Fines
- Up to Six Months in Jail
- Up to One Year of a License Suspension
Note that these penalties specifically relate to a first-time conviction. DUIs are considered “priorable” offenses in California. This means that the penalties for a conviction increase each time you are arrested and convicted. For example, a second DUI conviction can result in:
- Up to $2,500 in Fines
- Up to One Year in Jail
- Up to Two Years of a License Suspension
The penalties for subsequent convictions can be even more severe. Make sure you are ready to protect your future by reaching out to a DUI lawyer in Diamond Bar as soon as you are arrested.
Criminal Defense Lawyer Near Me (310) 928-9347
Additional DUI Charges in Diamond Bar
Thus far we’ve only discussed basic DUI charges. However, you should be aware that the state of California actually uses a number of different charges to prosecute DUIs. Depending upon your situation, you could be charged under:
- California Vehicle Code Section 23136: Under 21 DUI with Any Measurable Amount of Alcohol
- California Vehicle Code Section 23140: Under 21 DUI With Blood Alcohol Content Between 0.05-0.07 Percent
- California Vehicle Code Section 23152(a): Driving Under The Influence Of Alcohol
- California Vehicle Code Section 23152(b): Driving With A Blood Alcohol Content Of 0.08 Percent Or Higher
- California Vehicle Code Section 23152(c): Driving While Addicted
- California Vehicle Code Section 23152(d): Driving a Commercial Vehicle with a Blood Alcohol Content of 0.04 Percent or Higher
- California Vehicle Code Section 23152(f): Driving Under the Influence of Drugs
- California Vehicle Code Section 23153: DUI Causing Injury
All of these charges can present unique legal difficulties. Make sure that you get personalized advice related to your specific needs by contacting the Simmrin Law Group. We can offer you aggressive support handling any DUI charge in Diamond Bar.
Focus on Resolving DUI Accusations in Your Favor
You have a number of options for building your defense if you are accused of a DUI in Diamond Bar. Your lawyer could work to block the evidence against you. We could even dispute the results of a BAC test, as these assessments often return false positives.
Your DUI lawyer could also be able to lower your charges by negotiating a plea bargain with prosecutors in Diamond Bar. We’re ready to take your case all the way to court to defend you. Let us start working on your defense now, increasing the odds that you will beat the charges you are facing.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Get Professional Help from a Diamond Bar DUI Lawyer
The team at the Simmrin Law Group is here to help you if you are arrested on DUI charges. Let our DUI lawyers in Diamond Bar start building your defense today. Reaching us is as easy as completing our online contact form or calling (310) 997-4688.
Take control of your future right now by contacting us to get a FREE consultation.