One of the most debilitating and excruciatingly painful injuries you can be diagnosed with after any type of accident is burn injuries. Not only are these often disfiguring, but the debridement process, which is often necessary for healing, is often described by victims as the worst physical pain they have ever experienced.
When someone else’s negligent actions cause your injuries, you should not be forced to absorb the costs. The liable party should compensate you for your financial losses, physical injuries, emotional distress, and extreme pain. However, making them pay could prove more challenging than you thought. Having an experienced Glendale burn injury lawyer at The Simmrin Law Group take on your case could be the answer you have been looking for.
A dedicated Glendale personal injury attorney at our firm will analyze the details of your case to determine how you can hold liable parties accountable to the fullest extent of the law. Find out what is next for your insurance and civil claims when you contact our law offices for a free consultation.
Common Causes of Burn Injuries in Glendale
As soon as you begin working with a burn injury lawyer in Glendale, CA, you can expect us to open up a thorough investigation into how your burns occurred. We will need to closely evaluate the type of accident you were involved in, as it is possible multiple parties share blame for the injuries you sustained.
For example, if your burn injuries were caused by a car accident, the collision could have been the result of drunk driving, distracted driving, speeding, tailgating, drowsy driving, hazardous roadway conditions, or even motor vehicle part malfunctions or defects. If this is the case, multiple parties may be at fault, such as:
- Negligent drivers
- Dram shop
- Social hosts
- Auto parts designers and distributors
- Motor vehicle parts manufacturers
- Motor vehicle dealerships
- The city of Glendale
- California Department of Transportation (Caltrans)
- Government officials
- Safety inspectors
- Motor vehicle technicians
If your burn injuries were caused at work, your supervisor, colleagues, equipment manufacturers, or even your employer may be at fault. Since several parties could share blame, it is crucial that we conduct an in-depth investigation. This way, we can uncover the identities of all parties that contributed to your injuries and hold them accountable when you file your claim with the insurance company or bring your burn injury lawsuit to court.
For a free legal consultation with a burn injury lawyer serving Glendale, call (310) 896-2723
Types of Recoverable Damages for Glendale Burn Injury Victims
You should be fully reimbursed for every loss you experience that relates to your burn accident and injuries. These are commonly referred to as compensatory damages. Your burn injury attorney in Glendale can easily determine the value of your economic damages, as these losses have set monetary values.
Some examples of economic damages you are entitled to after a burn injury include:
- Loss of household services
- Loss of income
- Costs of replacing or repairing damaged property
- Childcare expenses
- The cost of hiring home healthcare providers
- The cost of medical devices and equipment
- Expenses related to medical home accommodations
- Ongoing medical treatment and future healthcare
- Loss of future potential earnings and employee benefits
These are not the only damages you can claim, however. There is an entirely separate category known as non-economic damages. These can be more difficult to evaluate as their worth is subjective.
Two people can be involved in the same type of accident, and one victim’s life will be affected differently than the other’s. The long-term impact can also vary considerably. Some examples of potentially recoverable non-economic damages for burn injury victims include:
- Professional reputational damages
- Diminished quality of life
- Skin scars and embarrassing disfigurement
- Intense fear, anxiety, and apprehension
- Feelings of anticipation and indignity
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of an intimate spousal relationship
- Physical and chronic pain and suffering
- Mental anguish, psychological trauma, and emotional distress
- Loss of support, guidance, love, companionship, protection, and advice
Glendale Burn Injury Lawyer Near Me (310) 896-2723
What to Expect from Your Burn Injury Case
If you were hesitant about moving forward with your burn injury lawsuit because the unknown can be intimidating, you are not alone. Our burn injury lawyers have extensive experience handling cases similar to yours. Although every person’s case is different, once you understand how the claims process unfolds, you may feel empowered to take back control of your life.
Here is a general idea of what you can expect from your burn injury case:
- You start by hiring a burn injury attorney.
- Your legal advocate investigates the accident.
- We collect supporting evidence along the way.
- Our team analyzes the evidence to establish liability and negligence.
- Your burn injury lawyer evaluates your legal options.
- We prepare insurance claims and court filing documents as necessary.
- Your personal injury attorney negotiates with the insurance company.
- If insurance is not enough or filing a claim with the insurance company is not possible, we move forward with your personal injury claim.
- After your personal injury lawsuit begins, pretrial motions are filed.
- Your Glendale burn injury attorney moves your claim through to discovery.
- Your lawsuit is presented before a judge and jury.
How Glendale Burn Injury Insurance Claims Work
Many burn injury victims believe they can avoid going to court by settling with the insurance company. Unfortunately, this is not always possible. Some liable parties do not have insurance coverage. Others do not have enough insurance coverage to fully meet your needs.
The insurance company is also likely to do everything it can to reduce your payout. You may need to protect yourself by having your burn injury lawyer negotiate with the insurer so you are not taken advantage of during this devastating time in your life.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Meet with a Burn Injury Lawyer in Glendale, CA
Your burn injuries may permanently alter the course of your life. The liable party should not get away with reckless, gross negligence, or a complete disregard for the safety and well-being of others. They should compensate you fairly for every way you have been affected by your burn injuries and the accident that caused them.
A dedicated Glendale burn injury attorney at The Simmrin Law Group can help you demand justice. Contact our legal team for a free, no-obligation consultation today to learn more about how much you could be awarded and who is ultimately responsible for causing your burn injuries. You can reach us by phone or through our quick contact form to get started as soon as today.