Driving in the presence of large commercial trucks can induce anxiety and lead you to think of the worst possible scenario: getting into a truck accident. Unfortunately, truck accidents are quite common, but our team of truck accident lawyers in Inglewood is here to help if you’ve been injured.
At Simmrin Law Group, our team of personal injury lawyers in Inglewood is ready to help you recover compensation for the losses you’ve suffered in a truck crash. We offer a free case evaluation where our team can help you understand your legal options.
What Injuries Are Common in Truck Accidents?
Given the massive size and weight of large trucks, injuries from collisions can be extensive. Some of the most frequent types of injuries seen in truck accident cases include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI): Due to the force of impact, even a minor collision with a truck can cause heads to whip violently enough to cause damage to the brain. Traumatic brain injuries range from mild concussions to severe injuries.
- Spinal cord injuries: The compressed vertebrae, pinched or severed spinal nerves from truck crashes often result in paraplegia or quadriplegia due to damage. Proper rehabilitation after the injury is essential.
- Broken bones: Leg, arm, pelvis, and rib fractures are common as the human body cannot withstand the crushing strength of a multi-ton truck in an accident. Compound and complex fractures may require multiple surgeries.
- Soft tissue damage: Whiplash, torn tendons, crushed muscles, and internal injuries like organ lacerations can cause lasting chronic pain even without visible broken bones showing up on scans.
- Amputations: Under the wheels of a large truck or with equipment flying through the air, traumatic amputations of limbs, unfortunately, do occur in some truck collision cases.
What Injuries Warrant the Highest Compensation?
The most severe injuries in truck accidents often warrant the highest compensation in legal settlements and court verdicts. Some of the injuries that typically result in the largest payouts include paraplegia or quadriplegia caused by spinal cord injuries. Damage to the spinal cord can severely reduce a person’s quality of life by limiting mobility and requiring full-time nursing care for life.
Traumatic brain injuries that lead to permanent cognitive impairments also merit high compensation. Injuries that cause long-term memory loss prevent people from performing daily living activities independently or keep them from returning to work, requiring massive lifetime medical costs and lost wages.
The loss of multiple limbs due to amputations can also cause significant damage. Having no legs, arms, or hands takes away independence and drastically increases future medical expenses for prosthetics and care over a person’s lifetime. Serious burns and disfigurements leading to long-term mental health impacts or inability to resume employment are also evaluated for high awards to account for ongoing pain, physical hardships, and suffering.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Inglewood, call (310) 896-2723
What Compensation Can You Recover After a Truck Accident?
Being involved in a truck accident can be physically, emotionally, and financially devastating. If another party’s negligence caused the crash, you may be entitled to compensation to help with recovery and address damages incurred. Here are some of the types of compensation you may be able to recover after a truck accident in California:
- Medical expenses: This includes all past and future costs for your medical treatment, rehabilitation, prescriptions, assistive devices, and hospital and surgery bills.
- Lost wages: If the accident caused you to miss time from work or long-term disability, you can recover the wages and employment benefits you lost.
- Pain and suffering: Though difficult to quantify, compensation is available for physical and emotional hardships resulting from injuries.
- Property damage: The value of any vehicle, equipment, or other possessions destroyed in the crash can be claimed.
- Future losses: If the accident will permanently impact your lifespan or ability to earn income, compensation covers estimated future financial impacts.
- Wrongful death: In fatal accidents, families can pursue losses for things like funeral expenses, loss of financial support, and losses survivors incurred.
- Punitive damages: For especially reckless conduct like DUI, more punitive damages may be awarded to punish the defendant.
Inglewood Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me (310) 896-2723
How Should You Approach the Insurance Company After a Truck Accident in Inglewood?
Only meet with the insurance company with one of our Inglewood truck accident attorneys at Simmrin Law Group. If you go without a lawyer, the insurance adjuster can easily take advantage of you and manipulate you to accept a low settlement.
When you approach the insurance company with our team, you don’t have to worry about getting lowballed. Our team will aggressively represent your interests, review all aspects of liability and damages, ask the tough questions of the insurer, and ensure you receive fair compensation for all injuries, losses, and suffering resulting from the crash.
We have years of experience negotiating settlements that cover all of our client’s losses.
Contact Us to Work With Our Inglewood Truck Accident Attorney
At Simmrin Law Group, our team of Inglewood truck accident attorneys is dedicated to your case and getting the maximum amount of compensation. We can answer any questions you have about your case.
Contact us for a free consultation.