Big rigs, high speeds on the highway, and negligent actions can result in severe truck accident injuries. Our Lynwood truck accident lawyers at Simmrin Law Group can help if you’ve been injured in a truck accident.
Having a personal injury lawyer in Lynwood handle your case can lead to success and a stress-free legal process. We offer a free consultation so you can know if you’re eligible for compensation.
Types of Truck Accidents Our Team Can Handle in Lynwood
Our lawyers have extensive experience providing legal counsel to those injured in collisions involving commercial vehicles throughout Lynwood and surrounding areas. Some common truck accident scenarios we are equipped to handle include:
- Jackknife accidents: When a truck suddenly loses control and swerves, the trailer snaps back and crosses lanes. These high-speed incidents often cause multiple-vehicle crashes.
- Rear-end collisions: Failing to allow sufficient braking room, truck drivers sometimes rear-end other motorists, resulting in devastating impacts due to their massive size and weight.
- Rollovers: Drowsiness, speeding, or unsafe maneuvers may result in a truck tipping over onto its side or roof. This poses a tremendous danger for occupants of both the commercial vehicle and those nearby.
- Left turn accidents: Large trucks pulling trailers have limited visibility, and taking lefts can lead to crashes when oncoming traffic is not seen or misjudged.
- Cargo loss accidents: If insecure or improperly tarped materials fly off from collisions or at high speeds, they turn into deadly, destructive projectiles.
- Highway accidents: Interstates see frequent congestion involving trucks, from disabled vehicles to improper lane changes ending in chain reaction crashes.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Lynwood, call (310) 896-2723
What Can a Truck Accident Attorney in Lynwood Do for You?
If you’ve been injured in an accident involving a commercial vehicle, hiring an experienced truck accident attorney close to home in Lynwood can provide invaluable support. Here are some of the key services our legal team at Simmrin Law Group can offer:
- Thoroughly investigate the cause of the collision through examination of evidence such as police reports, photos, and truck logbooks.
- Determine liability by evaluating whether the truck driver, their employer, or other parties were negligent based on CA commercial vehicle laws.
- Build a strong liability case against any parties found legally responsible for your injuries and losses.
- Handle all communications with insurance companies to build a maximum settlement value for your claim.
- Ensure your rights are protected as the case progresses by reviewing all documents and correspondence.
- Coordinate care for your medical treatment and recovery needs.
- Negotiate with opposing counsel to obtain a full and fair settlement without the need for litigation.
- If settlement offers fall short, prepare your case for trial and aggressively represent you in court.
With an advocate on your side, you can focus fully on your health while we work to achieve the best possible outcome for your particular circumstances.
Lynwood Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me (310) 896-2723
What Is California’s Statute of Limitations for a Truck Accident?
If you have been injured in an accident involving a commercial truck in California, it is important to understand the timeline for filing a legal claim. According to California Code of Civil Procedure § 335.1, the statute of limitations for personal injury cases in California is two years.
However, there is an exception if the injury is not discovered immediately. In cases where the full extent of wounds or medical problems did not appear right away, you have one year from the date the injury was discovered to initiate a case.
For example, internal injuries or conditions that were not obvious at the scene were later diagnosed. Late-onset symptoms like chronic pain issues would fall under this category.
It’s important to consult with a truck accident attorney in Lynwood as soon as possible to preserve your right to legal recourse. An experienced lawyer can assist in determining if any factors like the discovery rule apply that could affect the timeline.
How Is Fault Established in a Truck Accident?
After you’re injured in a truck accident, there are four elements that your Lynwood truck accident lawyer must prove. The four elements are:
Your Duty of Care
For a trucking company and commercial driver to be found liable in a crash, it must first be established that they owe a duty of care to you and other motorists. As professionals driving large, dangerous vehicles, truckers are held to a high standard of attentiveness and safety compliance, given the inherent risks involved in operating a commercial motor vehicle.
Their Breach of Duty
Once their duty is proven, the next element is demonstrating the duty was breached through their negligent conduct. This often involves showing a truck driver disobeyed traffic laws, went over-regulated work hours, ignored safety protocols, or drove carelessly or recklessly that threatened your safety on the roads.
Causation of Your Accident
You must prove the breach of duty was the proximate or direct cause of the accident and your resulting injuries. Subject experts may analyze things like the physical crash scene, vehicle data, eyewitness reports, and the trucker’s actions to determine if their negligence set into motion the chain of events that led to the collision with you.
The Harm You Suffered
Finally, you must have sustained actual physical, emotional, or financial damages as a proven consequence of the incident for liability to attach. Medical records, lost wages, repair bills, and other documentation are used to substantiate the nature and extent of the harm you suffered due to their failure to operate within the expected standard of care.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Work With a Lynwood Truck Accident Attorney Today
At Simmrin Law Group, our truck accident attorneys in Lynwood can help you through the complicated process of filing a truck crash lawsuit. We’ll stand up to anyone who tries to devalue your claim and settlement.
Contact us for a free consultation.