Make sure you’re ready to handle a charge for driving under the influence (DUI) in San Fernando by getting professional help in your corner right now. Take charge of your future by contacting the Simmrin Law Group today. We can:
- Work to dispute the evidence against you
- Advise you during police questioning
- Help get your charges reduced
- Take steps to get your charges dismissed
- Defend you in the courtroom
Our DUI lawyers in San Fernando are standing by to begin working on your defense today. Improve your chances of successfully resolving a DUI accusation by calling us immediately.
Defining DUI Charges in San Fernando
Drivers in San Fernando can be charged with a DUI if they are accused of operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of:
- Illicit drugs
- Some prescription medications
You could face a DUI charge if a police officer claims that your blood alcohol content (BAC) exceeded the legal limits set forth in California. In order to legally operate a vehicle in San Fernando, your BAC should remain below:
- 0.08% for a non-commercial driver over 21
- 0.04% for a commercial driver over 21
- 0.01% for any driver under 21
Make sure you’re ready to take on DUI charges involving alcohol or drug use in San Fernando by contacting a criminal defense lawyer right now.
For a free legal consultation with a lawyer serving San Fernando, call (310) 928-9347
Types of DUI Charges in San Fernando
We mentioned that you could be charged with a DUI for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. The court system in San Fernando actually uses a number of unique charges to prosecute different kinds of DUIs. Depending upon your situation, you could face charges like:
- California Vehicle Code Section 23152(b): Driving with A Blood Alcohol Content Of 0.08 Percent or Higher
- California Vehicle Code Section 23152(d): Driving a Commercial Vehicle with a Blood Alcohol Content of 0.04 Percent or Higher
- California Vehicle Code Section 23152(g): Driving Under the Combined Influence of Alcohol and Drugs
- California Vehicle Code Section 23152(f): Driving Under the Influence of Drugs
You should be aware that these are only examples of DUI charges used in San Fernando. Each of these charges requires personalized legal support. You can get the assistance you need by working with a professional traffic violations lawyer now.
Criminal Defense Lawyer Near Me (310) 928-9347
Results of a DUI Conviction in San Fernando
In many cases, DUI accusations are punished incredibly harshly in San Fernando. It is important that you understand that DUI charges also weigh heavier each time. This means that you will face harsher penalties each time you are convicted of a DUI.
Let’s go over a few examples of penalties for DUIs to demonstrate this point:
First DUI Conviction
- Fines of up to $2,000
- License suspension of up to one year
- Jail time of up to six months
Second DUI Conviction
- Fines of up to $2,500
- License suspension of up to two years
- Jail time of up to one year
Third DUI Conviction
- Fines of up to $3,000
- License suspension of up to three years
- Jail time of up to one year
These increasing penalties mean that you should take all DUI charges seriously. Contact a DUI lawyer now to start building a strong defense to the charges you are facing.
Click to contact our Criminal Defense Lawyers today
Get Comprehensive Legal Help with DUI Charges
Building a defense for DUI charges in San Fernando can be complicated. You will have to face a criminal trial for the charges against you. You will also need to handle a hearing with the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).
Note that you only have a period of 10 days after you are arrested for a DUI to request your DMV hearing. If you fail to request your hearing in this period of time, the DMV can automatically suspend your license.
Let the professionals at the Simmrin Law Group handle both your criminal trial and your DMV hearing.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Build Your Defense to San Fernando DUI Accusations
The team at the Simmrin Law Group understands what it takes to successfully take on DUI charges in San Fernando. We can work to:
- Argue that any chemical tests you took were unreliable
- Dispute the results of a field sobriety test
- Show that you should never have been stopped by a police officer
Let us get to work on your defense today. We’re ready to take steps to get your charges reduced or even dismissed. You can also count on us to defend you in the courtroom.
Speak with a San Fernando DUI Lawyer Today
Ensure you’re ready to handle DUI charges in San Fernando by reaching out to the Simmrin Law Group. We can defend you from any DUI charge in the state of California. You can get starting on your defense now by completing our online contact form or calling (310) 997-4688.
Review your legal options with a FREE initial case evaluation from our DUI lawyers in San Fernando.