If you have been charged with a crime in the San Marcos area, you may be overwhelmed by the situation. The legal system can involve numerous hurdles that can be easier to handle if you have professional help on your side from an experienced San Marcos criminal defense lawyer.
The professionals at the Simmrin Law Group are standing by and ready to help you deal with the criminal charges you are facing. You can rely on us to offer you personalized support as we build your defense for any criminal charge.
Get Dedicated Support Handling Any Criminal Charge in San Marcos
California’s court system can handle many different criminal accusations. Generally, these charges are broken down into broad categories, including:
- Sex Crimes
- Theft Crimes
- Drug Crimes
- Property Crimes
- Violent Crimes
- White Collar Crimes
Within these categories there are many specific criminal charges, each one prosecuted differently in the court system. Note that not all criminal charges are treated with the same degree of severity. In fact, the court can break charges down into three additional categories:
- Infractions. Infractions are the least severe charges used in California.
- Misdemeanors. Misdemeanor charges are more serious than infractions, but not as serious as felonies.
- Felonies. Felony charges are used only for the most severe criminal accusations in San Marcos.
A professional criminal defense lawyer in San Marcos can help you deal with any of these accusations. The team at the Simmrin Law Group can even help defend you from federal charges in San Marcos.
For a free legal consultation with a criminal defense lawyer serving San Marcos, call (310) 896-2723
Focus on Specialized Services for Traffic Violations in San Marcos
Many traffic violations in San Marcos are considered criminal acts. You could face criminal charges if you are accused of driving under the influence (DUI), reckless driving, driving without insurance, and other acts in California.
You can get personalized help dealing with traffic violation charges by reaching out to the Simmrin Law Group. Our DUI lawyers in San Marcos know what it takes to help clients who are accused of a traffic violation.
San Marcos Criminal Defense Lawyer Near Me (310) 896-2723
Work to Lower the Penalties for a Criminal Charge in San Marcos
Criminal charges often lead to harsh penalties in the San Marcos court system, especially if you do not have professional help on your side. The court can hand down a number of different penalties for a conviction. Many convictions result in:
- Fines and Restitution Payments
- Time in Jail or Prison
- Supervised or Unsupervised Probation
- The Suspension or Revocation of Your License
You may also be forced to register as a sex offender if you are convicted of some charges in San Marcos. The state can even restrict your right to own firearms. A criminal defense lawyer can help you fight back against the charges you are facing. Your legal team could work to:
- Lower the Charges Against You
- Have Your Case Dismissed
- Secure a Plea Bargain in Your Favor
In some cases, a plea bargain can allow you to move forward with your life by facing greatly reduced penalties. However, sometimes plea bargains will not work in your best interests. Make sure a criminal defense lawyer assesses any deal offered by the prosecution before you accept it.
Click to contact our Criminal Defense Lawyers today
Consider Your Defense Options
Considering your defense options will be a top priority when you begin working with your criminal defense lawyer in San Marcos. There are multiple ways your San Marcos criminal defense attorney may suggest you move forward with your case. Some of the potential options include:
- Working out a plea agreement – The prosecuting criminal defense attorney in San Marcos may be more willing to work out a plea agreement if this is your first offense and no one was seriously injured. In doing so, the charges against you could be reduced to a lesser offense or dismissed entirely.
- Entering a pretrial diversion program – Pretrial diversion programs are a great option for anyone who has never been charged with a criminal offense and is currently facing non-violent charges. There may be specific terms you need to meet, similar to being placed on probation as part of your pretrial diversion program.
- Defending your case at trial – When plea agreements and pretrial diversion are not a good fit for your case, your attorney will need to prepare a compelling defense to be used at trial. Depending on the specific details of your case, we may question whether there was probable cause, police misconduct, or mistake of fact, and carefully consider which defenses are most likely to produce a favorable outcome in your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Take Charge of All Aspects of Your Criminal Case in San Marcos
Criminal cases in California can become incredibly complicated. You may discover that you need help dealing with:
Interviews with Prosecutors or Police Officers
You will likely be questioned if you are arrested for any criminal act in San Marcos. You should not say anything about your case without a criminal defense lawyer present. Discussing your situation can weaken your defense.
In some cases, the court system can offer you bail. If you pay bail, you are allowed to remain free until your criminal trial begins. You may be able to lower the amount of bail you have to pay by getting help from a criminal defense lawyer.
Your Criminal Trial
The Simmrin Law Group can work aggressively to have your charges dismissed. We may also be able to resolve your case with a plea bargain. However, sometimes your case can only be settled in the courtroom.
Let us put our professional legal experience to work defending you in front of a judge and jury.
Fight Back with a San Marcos Criminal Defense Lawyer
You can get immediate help dealing with criminal charges in San Marcos by contacting the Simmrin Law Group. Our team of professional criminal defense lawyers in San Marcos can focus on building a defense designed to address your specific legal needs. Get started now by filling out our online contact form or calling our office.
Make sure you are ready to face the court system in San Marcos with a FREE consultation.
Call or text (310) 896-2723 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form