Driving under the influence (DUI) can be prosecuted harshly in Vista, CA. Drivers convicted under DUI charges can be sentenced to:
- Jail Time
- High Fines
- A License Suspension
- An Alcohol-Treatment Program
You can get professional help addressing a charge for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs from the Simmrin Law Group. Let our DUI lawyers in Vista start working on your defense today to boost your odds of successfully resolving your charges.
Criminal DUI Charges in Vista
The state of California actually uses a number of different charges to prosecute DUIs. Depending on your specific situation, you could face prosecution for:
- California Vehicle Code Section 23140: Under 21 DUI With a Blood Alcohol Content Between 0.05-0.07%
- California Vehicle Code Section 23152(a): Driving Under The Influence Of Alcohol
- California Vehicle Code Section 23152(b): Driving With A Blood Alcohol Content Of 0.08% Or Higher
- California Vehicle Code Section 23152(f): Driving Under the Influence of Drugs
- California Vehicle Code Section 23153: DUI Causing Injury
All of these charges must be taken seriously, as they could lead to steep penalties. You can contact a criminal defense lawyer in Vista right now to get information about defense options for the specific DUI charge you are facing.
DUI Charges and the Department of Motor Vehicles in Vista
Drivers who face DUI charges may have to go through with a criminal trial as well as a hearing in front of the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). Here at the Simmrin Law Group, we understand the importance of handling the DMV hearing along with your criminal hearing.
You should be aware that the DMV can suspend your license after you are charged with a DUI. This suspension can go into effect even if your criminal case is resolved in your favor.
You can take steps to avoid a license suspension by requesting your DMV hearing within 10 days of your arrest. The suspension will proceed automatically if you do not request the DMV hearing. The Simmrin Law Group can make sure that your hearing is requested on time and present your case in front of the DMV.
Penalties for DUI Charges in Vista
As we mentioned, your license may be suspended if you are charged with a DUI in Vista. You may also face a number of additional penalties. Note that DUI penalties become more severe each time you are convicted. A first-time DUI conviction can result in:
- Up to Six Months of Jail Time
- Up to $2,000 in Fines
- Up to One Year License Suspension
Subsequent convictions can increase the penalties you face. For example, drivers convicted of a second DUI can face:
- Up to One Year of Jail Time
- Up to $2,500 in Fines
- Up to Two Years License Suspension
Note as well that these are the penalties for a basic DUI. The court can hand done harsher decisions if:
- Your Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) is Very High
- Someone in Injured During a DUI Wreck
- Someone is Killed During a DUI Wreck
A DUI lawyer in Vista can go over the specific details of your case to determine your unique legal needs after you are charged with driving under the influence.
Let a DUI Lawyer Build Your Defense
Handling DUI charges in Vista can be easier if you get help from legal professions as soon as you are charged. Your lawyer can get to work right away by:
- Requesting Your DMV Hearing
- Joining You for Interviews with Police Officers and Prosecutors
- Handling Your Bail Hearing
Our DUI lawyers at the Simmrin Law Group can investigate the facts surrounding your case. We may be able to dispute the results of any BAC test you were asked to take, or the outcomes of field sobriety tests in Vista.
Let our professional legal team focus on resolving DUI charges in your favor. We may be able to:
- Get Your Case Dismissed
- Negotiate for a Plea Bargain with Prosecutors
- Stand Up for You in Court
Getting legal advice immediately after you are charged with a DUI can increase your odds of beating these charges. Contact us now so we can begin building your defense to protect your future.
Call a Vista DUI Lawyer Today
You can increase your odds of beating a DUI charge by contacting the Simmrin Law Group right now. Let our professional DUI lawyers in Vista offer you legal support in your criminal trial and the DMV hearing. Our team is ready to focus on your situation and offer you the personalized help you need, starting with a FREE consultation.
You can reach us easily by completing our online contact form, or calling (310) 997-4688.