In California, vandalism charges can lead to criminal records, substantial fines, and jail time. But with our Carlsbad vandalism lawyers fighting for your case, we can get your charges significantly reduced or dropped altogether.
The criminal defense lawyers at Simmrin Law Group are committed to fighting for your rights. We pursue justice and help our clients protect their futures. Instead of trying to navigate a vandalism case on your own, let our skilled legal experts guide you through every step of the legal process.
What Constitutes Vandalism in Carlsbad, California?
According to California Penal Code 594 PC, vandalism is when a person maliciously destroys, defaces, or damages another person’s actual or intellectual property. Therefore, vandalism is a type of property crime, and it can lead to jail sentences and significant legal fines.
Vandalism may be referred to as malicious mischief, malicious trespass, or criminal damage. Examples of these types of crimes include:
- Slashing a person’s tires
- Knocking down street signs
- Defacing city equipment (like park benches)
- Breaking windows
- Egging a person’s car or house
- Spray painting another person’s property
If you are facing vandalism allegations, our Carlsbad criminal defense attorneys can take on your case. Our experienced legal professionals will fight for your rights and take swift legal action to get your charges dismissed or reduced.
For a free legal consultation with a vandalism lawyer serving Carlsbad, call (310) 928-9347
Types of Vandalism Charges Our Law Firm Represents
When facing vandalism charges, your penalties are based upon the extent of your damages. The following may impact your punishment:
- Location of the vandalism
- Type of vandalism committed
- Amount of damage or destruction the vandalism caused
- The intent for the vandalism (such as a hate crime)
- Your previous criminal history
Based on these details, you may face infraction, misdemeanor, or felony charges for your crime.
If you are a first-time offender with a clean record, you may receive infraction charges for your wrongdoings. Infraction charges are for property crimes amounting to less than $250 worth of damages and do not require jail time.
If you cause between $200 and $400 worth of damages, the California court system can charge you with a misdemeanor. Penalties may include up to $3,000 in fines and one year in jail.
If your vandalism caused over $400 worth of damages, you may face felony charges. These are the most severe and can lead to up to $10,000 in fines and three years in jail.
Vandalism can be prosecuted in the federal court system. Any act of vandalism (no matter how severe) involving the destruction of government property is considered a federal crime. These convictions have severe consequences and felony charges.
If you are facing a vandalism felony, you need to have a qualified California defense attorney fighting against your charges.
Carlsbad Vandalism Lawyer Near Me (310) 928-9347
We Help Defendants Reduce Vandalism Penalties
Vandalism laws exist to protect private and public properties and prevent hate crimes. Our Carlsbad vandalism lawyers understand state laws and work to minimize or eliminate Penal Code 594 PC charges.
Some of our defense strategies include:
- Proving how you were falsely accused
- Demonstrating how you are the victim of mistaken identity
- Establishing the vandalism was accidental, eliminating any intent of malicious harm
We take swift legal action to block evidence against you, defend you in a Carlsbad court, and reduce your charges.
Property Crime Lawyers Stand Up for Your Legal Rights
By securing professional legal help, you can improve your odds of a fair resolution for your criminal case. At Simmrin Law Group, our criminal defense lawyers assist you throughout every step of the legal process, including the arraignment, bail, pre-trial, and criminal hearings.
With our Carlsbad vandalism attorneys on your side, you can expect us to:
- Fight to dismiss your criminal charges: A judge may excuse vandalism charges if there is insufficient evidence to prove fault. Our lawyers can file a motion to get your charges eliminated without going to court.
- Reduce your vandalism charges: We may accept a plea bargain to minimize the extent of your charges, leading to lower fines and less time in jail.
- Strive for a fair defense: Proving innocence in the criminal court system can be an uphill battle, but not when you have Southern California’s qualified defense attorneys in your corner.
We Build a Strong Defense Against Vandalism Charges
Vandalism charges lead to severe repercussions and can impact your future. But your defense attorney can show that you did not destroy, damage, or deface someone’s personal property. With our Carlsbad property crimes experts, you can take charge of your future and fight for the justice you deserve.
Our attorneys will work tirelessly for you, whether we are fighting fines, jail time, or community service requirements. Don’t face vandalism charges on your own. Let our experienced criminal defense lawyers resolve your case quickly and efficiently.
Our Carlsbad Vandalism Attorneys Can Take On Your Case
If you are facing vandalism charges in Carlsbad, California, the vandalism lawyers at Simmrin Law Group can intervene. Contact us to schedule a free case consultation. Our team will review your position and get to work building a solid defense. Get started now.