Accusations of driving under the influence (DUI) in Azusa can have tremendous impacts on the rest of your life. You could be fined and sent to jail if you are convicted of a DUI in Azusa. You could even have your driver’s license suspended for years at a time.
You can address these charges head-on by working with a professional DUI lawyer in Azusa. The team at the Simmrin Law Group can construct a strong defense for you right now. Let us take immediate action to:
- Get your charges reduced
- Get your charges dismissed
- Bring you a courtroom victory
Focus on DUI Charges in Azusa
There are many different types of DUI charges in Azusa. You could face a number of criminal accusations, including:
- California Vehicle Code Section 23136: Under 21 DUI with Any Measurable Amount of Alcohol
- California Vehicle Code Section 23152(a): Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol
- California Vehicle Code Section 23152(c): Driving While Addicted
- California Vehicle Code Section 23152(g): Driving Under the Combined Influence of Alcohol and Drugs
- California Vehicle Code Section 23152(f): Driving Under the Influence of Drugs
As you can see from these charges, you can be accused of a DUI if you operate a motor vehicle after consuming alcohol or drugs. These charges are often treated as misdemeanors in the court system in Azusa, resulting in a number of severe penalties.
You can take steps to defend yourself from any of the DUI charges used in California by reaching out to a DUI lawyer in Azusa today. Let the professionals at the Simmrin Law Group investigate your unique needs right now.
For a free legal consultation with a Criminal Defense lawyer serving Azusa, call (310) 928-9347
Azusa DUI Charges and Blood Alcohol Content (BAC)
We mentioned that there are many different charges used to prosecute DUIs in Azusa. Many of these charges are specifically used to prosecute drivers who get behind the wheel with a BAC that exceeds the legal limits set by the state.
According to the law in California, drivers are not legally allowed to operate a vehicle if their BAC:
- Meets or exceeds 0.08% if they are a non-commercial driver over 21
- Meets or exceeds 0.04% if they are a commercial driver over 21
- Meets or exceeds 0.01% if they are under 21
You may face harsher charges if your BAC greatly exceeds these legal limits. However, the tests used to measure BAC levels may return false positives and other inaccurate results. Your lawyer could be able to weaken the case against you by disputing the results of a breathalyzer or other chemical tests.
Criminal Defense Lawyer Near Me (310) 928-9347
Penalties for DUI Convictions in Azusa
The court system throughout California can hand down harsh penalties to anyone accused of a DUI. This holds true in Azusa. If you are convicted of a first-time DUI in our area, you could face:
- Up to six months of jail time
- Up to $2,000 in fines
- Up to one year of a license suspension
It is important that you understand that these are not the only penalties used in DUI cases. The court system can hand down harsher sentences if you are convicted of subsequent DUIs in Azusa. For example, a second DUI conviction could result in:
- Up to one year of jail time
- Up to $2,500 in fines
- Up to two years of a license suspension
These increasing penalties must be treated seriously. You can get professional advice about the best way to handle any DUI accusation by reaching out to a traffic violations lawyer in Azusa immediately after your arrest.
Click to contact our Criminal Defense Lawyers today
Legal Assistance for Azusa DUI Charges
Resolving a DUI accusation in Azusa can be difficult if you try to handle it on your own. Fortunately, you can get professional help on your side today by contacting the Simmrin Law Group. Our team of DUI lawyers in Azusa are standing by to:
- Investigate the facts surrounding your case
- Monitor police officers as they carry out their investigation
- Help you as you are questioned by prosecutors
- Assess any plea bargains you are offered
- Build a courtroom-ready defense for you
We understand what it takes to successfully resolve Azusa DUI charges. Let us take steps to handle your case before it ever reaches the courtroom. We are also ready to fight for you in front of a judge and jury here in Azusa.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Fight Back with an Azusa DUI Lawyer
Getting help in handling an Azusa DUI charge can be very easy. Just contact the Simmrin Law Group to speak with a DUI Lawyer in Azusa as soon as you are arrested. Once you contact us, we can begin working on your defense with a FREE initial case evaluation.
Focus on your legal needs by filling out our online contact form or calling (310) 997-4688.