Drivers who operate motor vehicles while under the influence of drugs or alcohol can be charged with driving under the influence (DUI) in Carlsbad, CA. DUI charges can have harsh consequences for your life. A conviction can leave you with:
- A Suspended Driver’s License
- High Fines to Pay
- A Jail Sentence
Fortunately, you can get legal help handling a DUI charge by contacting a DUI lawyer in Carlsbad. The professionals that the Simmrin Law Group can start going over your charges today. Let us begin working on your defense now.
Criminal Charges for DUIs in Carlsbad
DUIs are considered a traffic violation in Carlsbad. They are also treated as either misdemeanors or felonies, depending upon:
- Your Previous Record for DUI Convictions
- Whether or Not Anyone Was Hurt in a DUI Accident
The state of California actually uses several criminal charges to prosecute individuals who are charged with a DUI. Depending upon the specific of your situation, you could face charges under:
- California Vehicle Code Section 21200.5: Riding A Bicycle Under The Influence
- California Vehicle Code Section 23140: Under 21 DUI With Blood Alcohol Content Between 0.05-0.07 Percent
- California Vehicle Code Section 23152(a): Driving Under The Influence Of Alcohol
- California Vehicle Code Section 23152(b): Driving With A Blood Alcohol Content Of 0.08 Percent Or Higher
- California Vehicle Code Section 23152(f): Driving Under the Influence of Drugs
- California Vehicle Code Section 23153: DUI Causing Injury
A criminal defense lawyer in Carlsbad can help you go over the specifics for each of these charges, so you are ready to build a strong defense for your day in court.
For a free legal consultation with a lawyer serving Carlsbad, call (310) 928-9347
Penalties for a DUI Criminal Conviction in Carlsbad
As we mentioned, there are many different charges used to prosecute DUIs in Carlsbad. However, the court system uses very similar penalties for many of these charges. Generally, you could expect a DUI conviction to lead to:
- Jail Time
- A License Suspension
You should be aware that DUIs are considered ‘priorable’ offenses. This means that if you are convicted of a second or subsequent DUI, the penalties you face will increase. You should take every DUI charge seriously. You can boost your odds of winning your case by contacting the Simmrin Law Group now.
Criminal Defense Lawyer Near Me (310) 928-9347
DUI Charges and the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV)
The criminal charges associated with a DUI can be difficult to handle on their own. Many drivers don’t realize that they must also deal with a hearing in front of the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) after they are charged with a DUI.
You will need to request your DMV hearing within 10 days of a DUI charge. If you do not request a hearing in time, the DMV can automatically suspend your license.
The professionals that the Simmrin Law Group can help you deal with your DMV hearing the right way. Protect your driver’s license by getting legal advice on your side quickly after you are arrested for a DUI in Carlsbad.
Ways a DUI Lawyer in Carlsbad Can Help You
We’ve discussed the penalties and legal hurdles you can face after a DUI charge in Carlsbad. While these challenges may seem overwhelming, you can start working to resolve them in your favor by reaching out to a DUI lawyer now.
The professionals at the Simmrin Law Group may be able to:
- Weaken the Evidence Against You. Many DUI tests – such as the breathalyzer – are known for their unreliability. Sometimes, these tests turn in false positives. They may be disproven in a court of law.
- Prove You Should Not Have Been Stopped. You should only be pulled over if a police officer has reasonable cause. If you were stopped without good reason, a DUI lawyer may be able to build your defense.
- Protect Your Driver’s License. Getting legal help with your DMV hearing can increase the odds that your license will not be suspended. A lawyer can also go over your options for installing an ignition interlock device (IID). Sometimes installing this device can allow you to maintain your driving privileges in Carlsbad.
Let us go over your specific legal situation today. We may be able to help you go over plea bargains for a DUI accusation. We can also help fight for you in the court system here in Carlsbad.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Get Legal Support from a Carlsbad DUI Lawyer
Increase the odds of beating a DUI charge in Carlsbad by contacting the Simmrin Law Group now. Our professional DUI lawyers in Carlsbad can begin working on your criminal defense and your DMV hearing right now. Speak with us for a FREE consultation.
You can get help handling DUI accusations by completing our online contact form or calling (310) 997-4688.