Personal injuries can range from inconvenient to catastrophic. Recovery can create a strain on the victim’s health and personal life. It can also create needless financial strain. If you or a loved one are experiencing the pressure that a personal injury can call, we can help.
Contact a Van Nuys personal injury lawyer today.
Van Nuys Personal Injury Causes
Personal injuries happen in a myriad of ways and can complicate the life of the victim and their loved ones. Here are some of the more common causes in the Van Nuys area:
- Car Accidents happen often. They can be caused by poor road signage, drunk driving accidents, distracted, careless, or even reckless drivers.
- Accidents with Work Trucks and Vans are common. If you’ve been in an accident involving an 18-wheeler or a work vehicle, we can help.
- Premises Liability Claims are filed when an accident occurs on a property or business that fails to maintain proper safety standards.
- Rideshare Accidents are becoming more common. Lots of people use services like Uber and Lyft, and as a result, more accidents are occurring.
- Motorcycle Accidents if you are the driver or the passenger on a motorcycle or a car involved in an accident, you may be entitled to damages.
- Alternate Transportation, such as bikes, boats, planes, trains, and buses, can also cause personal injuries. Because so many people and entities are involved, these can be confusing cases that a Van Nuys personal injury attorney can help you with.
- Wrongful Death can occur and leave family and loved ones at a loss of what to do next. Personal injury lawyers in Van Nuys can help you determine your next steps.
- Slip and Fall accidents are prevalent and are often sustained because of someone else’s carelessness.
- Pedestrian accidents can occur when a driver is distracted, not following driving laws, or is intoxicated.
These are just a few ways that you may sustain a personal injury. If you are hurt because someone else failed to take proper care and precautions, you are likely entitled to damages. To start a claim, contact a personal injury attorney in Van Nuys as soon as possible.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Van Nuys, call (310) 896-2723
Statute of Limitations for Personal Injuries in Van Nuys
It is important to act quickly when an injury happens. The faster you initiate your claim, the faster you can settle it. But, there are other reasons to act fast.
In California, the statute of limitations allows two years after an accident to file a personal injury claim. If an injury is not discovered until later, you have up to one year after the injury is discovered to file the claim. Do not delay. The sooner you call, the faster we can help.
Van Nuys Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (310) 896-2723
Personal Injury Damages
Your Van Nuys personal injury lawyer will help you determine the amount you are owed after an accident. Here are some of the factors they will take into account when determining that number.
These damages are often easier to quantify than non-economic damages.
- Medical Bills mount quickly. Ambulance trips, emergency room visits, diagnostic tests, surgeries, treatments, therapies, and prescriptions can add up fast.
- Medical Equipment can become costly as well. Things like crutches, canes, walkers, wheelchairs, braces, slings, and hospital beds add to the cost of recovery.
- Rehabilitation costs money as well. Physical and occupational therapy and in-patient or out-patient programs can account for a large chunk of money.
- Home and Vehicle Alterations occur when your car or home does not fit the reality of your life after an injury. You may need ramps, wider doorways, lower countertops, vehicle accommodations, or bathrooms outfitted with handicap-accessible fixtures.
- Loss of Earnings or Earning Potential can create stress on an injured person and their family. If you miss work or your future earnings are jeopardized, you need to contact Simrin Law Firm now.
- Aggravation of Prior Injuries causes bills to add up even faster and can be very frustrating for the victim. For instance, a back injury that was healing could be damaged again after an accident.
These are harder to put a monetary value on, but our experienced attorneys in Van Nuys understand the system and how to help. Here are some of the damages they will consider and help you claim.
- Pain and Suffering are lingering miseries that sometimes follow an accident. Your attorney will help you determine the value of your pain and suffering when it comes time to file a claim.
- Psychological and Emotional Trauma can cause many forms of suffering. Often, it will require therapy to overcome.
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life is difficult to prove but can be one of the most challenging aspects of recovering from an accident. If you or your loved one cannot enjoy the things they once did, it is essential to prove this when filing a claim.
- Loss of Consortium can be owed to the spouse of an injury victim if life has changed dramatically for them too.
- Reputational Damages and Humiliation can take a toll on a victim, significantly if they were injured at work and the company chooses to downplay their part and blame it on the victim’s incompetence.
A personal injury attorney in Van Nuys is ready to listen and understand your goals. They will investigate for you and determine what you are owed for each aspect of your life that was impacted. They have the experience and the legal acumen to ensure that you get a fair and generous settlement.
Click to contact our Personal Injury Lawyer today
Why You Need a Van Nuys Personal Injury Lawyer
We will investigate the accident and analyze all of the evidence. Simmrin Law Group will convince the insurance company of the responsible party of their responsibility and will work to get you the generous settlement that you are entitled to.
In order to do this, we must show the following:
- Why the injury happened
- Who was responsible for the injury
- The injuries that happened because of the accident
- Treatment of the injuries
- Medical issues the victim is left with due to the injury
- The impact the injury has had on the victim’s life
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We Understand Personal Injury Claims and Are Prepared to Fight for You
When you suffer an injury, the last thing you should have to think about is the financial impact the accident has had on you and your loved ones. Our team at Simmrin Law Group wants you to focus your energy on healing while we focus on making sure you have the means to make that happen.
Call us today. The sooner we begin work on your case, the sooner we can alleviate some of your financial stress.