A legal professional can help you handle petty theft charges in Lancaster, CA. The team at the Simmrin Law Group can begin working on your defense as soon as you are accused of petty theft. We’re ready to:
- Advise you during legal interviews
- Take steps to block evidence against you
- Work to get your charges reduced
- Fight to get your charges dismissed
- Stand up for you in the courtroom
You can contact our petty theft lawyers in Lancaster to get the help you need today. Let us begin investigating the charges you are facing right now. Increase your chances of successfully resolving these charges by getting professional assistance on your side.
Lancaster Petty Theft Charges Are Serious
You can face serious legal penalties if you are charged with petty theft in Lancaster. The court system prosecutes petty theft using Penal Code Sections 484 and 488. According to these sections of the legal code, you could be charged with petty theft for:
- Stealing something worth less than $950
- Indirectly from the property’s rightful owner
However, you should be aware that there are a number of exceptions to petty theft charges. You may face more serious charges if you are accused of stealing:
- Firearms, horses, or motor vehicles of any value
- Agricultural and aquacultural products worth more than $250
A theft crimes lawyer in Lancaster can help you handle any criminal charges you are facing. The team at the Simmrin Law Group can defend you from petty theft and grand theft allegations today.
For a free legal consultation with a lawyer serving Lancaster, call (310) 928-9347
Charges Associated with Petty Theft in Lancaster
Petty theft is closely tied to a number of other criminal offenses in Lancaster. These other criminal actions often have different names though they are prosecuted in the same way as petty theft. For example, you may need help from a petty theft lawyer if you are accused of:
- Shoplifting. Shoplifting involves taking something from a place of business during normal business hours.
- Embezzlement. You can be accused of embezzlement if someone entrusts you with their property and you then take it to use it for your own personal gain.
- Theft by trick. Deceiving someone into giving you their personal property can be considered theft by trick.
- Theft by fraud. Any act of theft that involves lies or trickery can be treated as theft by fraud.
A criminal defense lawyer in Lancaster can help you handle any of these theft crime charges. We understand what it takes to personalize your defense if you are accused of any type of petty theft here in California.
Criminal Defense Lawyer Near Me (310) 928-9347
You Can Face Harsh Penalties for Petty Theft
Petty theft is often considered a minor theft crime in Lancaster. However, it is still prosecuted as a misdemeanor by the court system. Individuals who are convicted of petty theft could face:
- Up to $1,000 in fines
- Up to six months in jail
You may also have to spend time on probation after you are released from jail if you are convicted of petty theft. You can improve your odds of successfully beating this charge today by reaching out to the Simmrin Law Group.
Review Your Legal Options to Handle Petty Theft Charges
You do not have to try to take on a petty theft accusation on your own in Lancaster. The help you need is only a phone call away. The professionals at the Simmrin Law Group can:
- Investigate your case
- Speak with witnesses
- Work with expert witnesses
- Monitor the police as they work on your case
- Help you during legal interviews
- Assist with your bail hearing
- Go over any plea bargains you are offered
We understand that you need personalized support after you are accused of petty theft in Lancaster. You can rely on us to work aggressively to construct your defense. We may be able to defend you in court by arguing that:
- You did not intend to steal anything
- You had permission to take the property
- You thought you were taking your own property
- You were wrongfully accused of petty theft
Secure your peace of mind after you are accused of petty theft in Lancaster by speaking with the Simmrin Law Group.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
A Petty Theft Lawyer in Lancaster Can Fight for You
Take proactive steps to defend yourself from petty theft charges in Lancaster by contacting the Simmrin Law Group after you are arrested. We’re ready to start assisting you with all aspects of your case. Call (310) 997-4688 or fill out our online contact form to get started.
You can learn more about your legal options with a FREE case evaluation from our petty theft lawyers in Lancaster.