You don’t have to try to handle a property crime accusation on your own in Oceanside, CA. The professional help that you deserve is available from the team at the Simmrin Law Group. You can count on us to help if you are accused of:
You can reach our property crimes lawyers in Oceanside right now to get help developing a strong defense. We’re ready to block evidence against you to weaken the prosecution’s case. We’ll work aggressively to resolve in your favor the charges you’re facing.
Property Crimes in Oceanside: Vandalism
The court system in Oceanside defines vandalism as the act of defacing, damaging, or destroying someone else’s property. Vandalism is handled differently depending upon:
- The amount of damage caused by the vandalism
- Whether or not the accused was convicted of previous acts of vandalism
Depending upon your situation, you could face infraction, misdemeanor, or felony charges for a vandalism accusation. Infraction charges are generally only punished with a small fine. However, you can only be charged with an infraction if you caused under $250 in damage and if you were not previously convicted of vandalism.
A criminal defense lawyer in Oceanside can help you handle all vandalism charges, so you can move forward with your life.
Property Crimes in Oceanside: Trespassing
Trespassing is a common example of a property crime in Oceanside. Individuals may be accused of trespassing if they:
- Enter someone else’s land or property
- And do so without first securing the property owner’s permission
Note that merely entering someone’s property without permission is generally treated as an infraction. However, you could face harsher charges if:
- You enter someone’s property while intending to damage it or interfere with it
- You enter someone’s workplace, home, or a building adjacent to their home within 30 days of threatening them
You could be charged with criminal trespassing for entering someone’s property to cause interference or damage. The court system uses aggravated trespassing charges to prosecute individuals who make a threat before they engage in trespassing.
You can face fines and years of time behind bars if you are convicted of trespassing in Oceanside. Get professional help addressing these accusations by contacting a property crimes lawyer right now.
Property Crimes in Oceanside: Burglary
Entering a room, building, or locked vehicle in order to commit petty theft or a felony is considered burglary in Oceanside. Burglary is also prosecuted as a misdemeanor or a felony. There are two major types of burglary in California:
- Commercial (or second-degree) burglary charges are used to prosecute crimes in businesses
- Residential (for first-degree) burglary charges are used to prosecute crimes in private residences
Residential burglary is generally prosecuted more harshly than commercial burglary. However, both of these charges can lead to incredibly high fines and years of incarceration. It’s important that you begin working on your defense immediately if you are accused of burglary in Oceanside.
Property Crimes in Oceanside: Arson
Individuals commit arson if they intentionally set fire to:
- A structure
- Forested land
- A motor vehicle
- Someone else’s possessions or property
California generally treats arson very seriously. Wildfires can cause massive amounts of damage around the state, making arson a particularly dangerous act. There are two major charges used to prosecute arson in Oceanside:
- Reckless burning charges are used if someone starts a fire for the thrill of it or due to a mental illness
- Malicious arson charges are used if someone starts a fire to hurt or kill someone, defraud their insurance company, or destroy property for malicious reasons
Both of these charges can have serious consequences. You could face up to nine years of time in prison and fines of up to $50,000 if you are convicted of arson.
Get Professional Help with Property Crime Charges
As you can see, property crimes are prosecuted harshly in Oceanside. You can get help handling these charges by contacting the Simmrin Law Group immediately. We can:
- Stand up for you during legal interviews
- Help with your bail hearing
- Review the plea bargains you’re offered
- Take steps to get your charges reduced or dismissed
- Fight for you in the courtroom
You can improve your odds of successfully resolving a property crime charge if you get help in your corner as soon as you are arrested.
Call an Oceanside Property Crimes Lawyer Immediately
Make sure you’re ready to handle property crimes charges in Oceanside by contacting the Simmrin Law Group now. Get help handling arson, burglary, vandalism, or trespassing charges now. We can begin going over your legal options with a FREE consultation.
Call us at (310) 997-4688 or fill out our online contact form to speak with a property crimes lawyer in Oceanside.