A conviction for driving under the influence (DUI) in South El Monte can have serious repercussions for your life. You could be fined and forced to spend time in jail if you are convicted. You could also have your driver’s license suspended for years.
Make sure you are ready to address these serious allegations head-on by reaching out to a DUI lawyer in South El Monte as soon as you are arrested. The professionals at the Simmrin Law Group are ready to start defending you now, so you can improve your odds of successfully resolving a DUI charge.
Types of South El Monte DUI Charges
You should be aware that the court system in South El Monte does not use just one charge to prosecute individuals accused of a DUI. In fact, you can face many different charges based upon the amount of alcohol in your system, your age, and whether or not anyone was hurt.
Examples of charges commonly used to prosecute DUIs in South El Monte can include:
- California Vehicle Code Section 23152(b): Driving with A Blood Alcohol Content Of 0.08 Percent or Higher
- California Vehicle Code Section 23152(g): Driving Under the Combined Influence of Alcohol and Drugs
- California Vehicle Code Section 23152(f): Driving Under the Influence of Drugs
Note that these are only examples of the charges used to prosecute DUIs in the state of California. You can get help handling the specific DUI charge you are facing by contacting a criminal defense lawyer in South El Monte right now.
Get Fast Help with DUI Charges in South El Monte
It is important that you take any DUI accusations in South El Monte seriously. Securing legal assistance from the professionals as quickly as possible can end up strengthening your defense. The Simmrin Law Group is standing by to:
- Advise you during all interviews with law enforcement officers and prosecutors
- Begin investigating your unique case right away
- Monitor police officers as they investigate you
Let us take charge of the time you are arrested for a DUI. Our team can also move quickly to request a hearing for you with the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). You only have 10 days to request this hearing after you are arrested for a DUI. If you miss this deadline, the DMV can automatically suspend your license, so get help now.
Results of DUI Convictions in South El Monte
The court system in South El Monte comes down hard on drivers who are accused of a DUI. Additionally, the penalties for a DUI conviction can increase each time you are arrested. Let’s go over some examples of the penalties for DUI charges right now:
Fines for DUI Convictions
- Up to $2,000 for a first conviction
- Up to $2,500 for a second conviction
- Up to $3,000 for a third conviction
Jail Time for DUI Convictions
- Up to six months for a first conviction
- Up to one year for a second or third conviction
License Suspension for DUI Convictions
- Up to one year for a first conviction
- Up to two years for a second conviction
- Up to three years for a third conviction
Legal Defenses for DUI Charges in South El Monte
As you can see, the outcomes of a DUI conviction can have serious impacts on the rest of your life. Fortunately, you can get help building a strong defense to these charges right away. The DUI lawyers at the Simmrin Law Group can work to get your charges reduced or dismissed quickly.
Your charges may be lowered or dismissed if we can:
- Weaken the evidence against you
- Show that you never should have been pulled over
In many cases, prosecutors in DUI cases rely on the results of chemical tests that measure blood alcohol content (BAC). This is because the state of California has set legal limits on BAC for drivers. However, these tests are not always reliable. Some of them, like the breathalyzer, even have a history of returning false-positive results.
Your lawyer can work to limit the evidence against you while building your defense. We are ready to defend you in the courtroom if we cannot get your charges reduced or dismissed.
Speak to a South El Monte DUI Lawyer Now
The team at the Simmrin Law Group can help you handle DUI charges in South El Monte. You can reach out to us right away after you are arrested to get the help you need. Contact our DUI lawyers in South El Monte by calling (310) 997-4688 or completing our online contact form.
Find out more about your legal options with a FREE consultation.