White collar crimes are financially motivated acts that do not result in physical injuries to other people. However, even though no one is physically hurt by a white collar crime, these acts are harshly punished by the court system, often with incredibly high fines and even incarceration.
The first step to successfully handling a white collar crime charge can be contacting a skilled white collar crime lawyer in Burbank. You can get experienced advice and professional assistance from the Simmrin Law Group, no matter what charges you are facing.
Fraud as a White Collar Crime in Burbank
Many people think about fraud first when considering white collar crime. Fraud, or the act of deceiving another person or organization to take their money, is very common. The court system can come down hard on any of the following fraud charges:
Insurance companies pay out money to their clients in disastrous situations. We most commonly see insurance fraud broken down into:
- Healthcare Fraud
- Auto Insurance Fraud
In many cases, medical professionals commit healthcare fraud by:
- Making claims for services they did not provide
- Providing a service that was not needed
- Upcoding or double billing a service
- Undercharging and then overcharging patients
Auto insurance fraud can occur when individuals:
- Stage an accident
- Try to bribe insurers
- Submit false claims
- Damage a vehicle on purpose
- Falsely report a vehicle as stolen
No matter what the exact fraudulent actions were, you could end up incarcerated for five years and fined up to $50,000 for insurance fraud.
For a free legal consultation with a white collar crimes lawyer serving Burbank, call (310) 896-2723
Government Program Fraud
The state and the federal government support programs that provide specific individuals with assistance. These programs can be defrauded, leading to charges of:
- Medi-Cal Fraud
- Unemployment Insurance Fraud
- Workers Comp Fraud
Generally, defrauding a government program involves:
- Making false statements
- Submitting false claims or false information
- Falsifying documents
You could be fined up to $150,000 and incarcerated for up to five years if you are convicted of defrauding a government program.
Burbank White Collar Crimes Lawyer Near Me (310) 896-2723
Individuals can be charged with mortgage fraud for:
- Making false appraisals
- Falsifying mortgage applications
- Creating false loan modification promises
A conviction for mortgage fraud can lead to fines of $10,000 and three years of incarceration.
Any fraud charge can change the course of your life forever. You have the best chance of winning your case if you get help quickly. You can count on a skilled Burbank criminal defense attorney to take on your case and protect you in court.
Click to contact our Burbank Criminal Defense Lawyers today
Burbank’s Criminal Charges for Embezzlement
Embezzlement can only occur if the following actions occur:
- Someone entrusts you with property or money
- You are expected to keep and maintain it
- Instead, you transfer it and plan to benefit from it
- While intending to prevent its rightful owner from using it
While this sounds complicated, embezzlement can be as simple as stealing money from a cash register while at work. Individuals who are accused of embezzlement can be charged with:
- Petty Theft
- Grand Theft
You can face petty theft charges for embezzling no more than $950. This can lead to fines of $1,000 and six months of jail time.
Grand theft is a harsher charge. For example, individuals accused of embezzling over $950 can face grand theft charges. If you are convicted of grand theft, you can be jailed for three years and fined $10,000.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Probation Violations in Burbank
Many criminal acts are punished with probation in the Burbank area. Individuals on probation are allowed to stay out of jail or prison. However, they are not necessarily free. If you are on probation, you must follow any rules the court sets.
Failing to follow all court-ordered regulations can result in a probation violation. Individuals who violate their probation face criminal charges that come with serious penalties. If you are convicted of a probation violation, you could be fined. Judges can also:
- Place you under stricter rules
- Extend your time on probation
- Send you to jail or prison
Make sure you are ready to fight against any accusations about probation violations by working with a white collar crime lawyer.
Find Out What Our Clients Say About Us
Check out our five-star reviews on Google, like these:
- “On May 9, 2020 I was falsely accused of a dui by the police. I discussed my case with The Simmrin Law Group and we went to court. I spoke to Michael, and he assigned one of his lawyer from Orange County on the case because it occurred in OC . The DA did not want to negotiate on this case, and due to Covid it dragged on for two years. We finally went to court and the jury deliberated, and I was proven innocent and Not Guilty. If you’re ever in trouble with the law, I would recommend using Michael and his team of lawyers.” Greg L.
- “Michael was a great lawyer who was able to give my young son a fresh start in his life by helping him eliminate the warrant issued as a result of his probation violation, negotiating the probation extension as well as the requirements and eventually terminating the probation status after after all the court requirements were fulfilled.
- Michael will make you very comfortable from the start. He understands the situation well and is very easy to talk to. He was very diligent with the case too.
- I highly recommend Michael Simmrin to anyone who may need any legal help or even for an initial consultation and advice.” RJ
- “I felt like my life was about to get torn apart by a DUI. Then I worked with Michael Simmrin Law Group. Mr Simmrin is awesome! Michael and his Law Group got the case dismissed! I feel like my life is finally back on track.” Megan C.
- “Mr Simmrin is the best lawyer. He is very professional, reliable, and friendly. When I first met him I knew immediately that Mr. Simmrin was the perfect attorney to handle my case. He told me that he will have my case dismissed and that’s exactly what happened. He got me out of a nightmare. I would highly recommend Mr Simmrin to anyone in need. Thank you, Mr. Simmrin. I enjoyed working with you!!!” As K.
When facing criminal charges, it helps to know what our clients think about our services.
The Bottom Line
Let’s face it – we are all human. We all make mistakes. The last thing you need right now is another person to judge you or turn their back on you. We want to help you move forward. We believe in second chances and know that, with the right legal team on your side, you can get through this and get your life back on track.
Luckily for you, we have experience in public defense and have developed strong relationships in the legal community. These things can work to your advantage when we go after the best possible outcome in your situation. You get to sleep better at night knowing that we have a reputation for solving even the most demanding legal challenges.
You will never be just a number to us. We treat our clients like family. We truly want the best for you. Because we treat all our clients as individuals with inherent value, we do not apply a “cookie-cutter” approach to their cases.
Get Help from a White Collar Crime Attorney in Burbank Today
Some individuals think they can handle white collar crime charges on their own. But unfortunately, this usually ends in a conviction. A white collar crime lawyer in Burbank can build your case and increase your chances of winning in court. You can find out today what Simmrin Law Group can do for you by contacting us for a FREE consultation.
By filling out our online contact form, you are ready for any legal challenge you face.
Call or text (310) 896-2723 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form