Robbery is a serious theft crime. You can face a number of severe penalties if you are convicted of robbery in Lancaster. Depending upon your situation, you could be:
- Fined by the court system
- Required to make restitution payments
- Sentenced to time in jail or prison
Make sure you take any robbery charge seriously by getting professional help in your corner immediately. You can reach out to the Simmrin Law Group to increase your odds of resolving these charges in your favor. Start working on your defense with our robbery lawyers in Lancaster right now.
California’s Definition of Robbery
According to the court system in California, individuals may be charged with robbery if they:
- Take someone else’s property
- Directly from the property owner
- Through the use of force or fear
Due to the usage of force or fear, robbery is always treated as a felony in Lancaster. Make sure you deal with this serious charge right away after you are arrested. Reach out to a criminal defense lawyer in Lancaster to get help handling any legal hurdles you might face.
Types of Robbery Charges in Lancaster
Robbery charges can be classified in two different ways in Lancaster. Depending upon your situation, you may need legal help to successfully resolve charges for:
First-degree robbery charges are very specific. You should only be charged with first-degree robbery if you are accused of robbing someone:
- While they are driving or riding in a motor vehicle
- Currently in an inhabited structure
- Close to an ATM after they used the ATM
First-degree robbery is generally prosecuted more harshly than second-degree robbery. However, as we mentioned before, all robbery charges are considered felonies in Lancaster.
The court system in Lancaster uses second-degree robbery charges to prosecute all acts of robbery that do not meet the definition for first-degree robbery. This charge is generally not punished as severely as first-degree robbery.
Robbery Convictions in Lancaster Have Serious Results
A conviction for robbery can have significant consequences for your life. It’s important that you get legal help on your side as quickly as possible, as convictions can result in:
- Fines of up to $10,000
- Up to five years in prison for second-degree robbery
- Up to nine years in prison for first-degree robbery
There are also a number of sentencing enhancements associated with robbery charges. For example, you could face:
- An extra six years of prison time if robbery causes a great bodily injury
- An extra 20 years of prison time if you used a gun during the robbery
- Up to life in prison if someone was shot during the robbery.
Make sure you take charge of your future after you are accused of robbery in Lancaster. Contact the Simmrin Law Group to start getting professional assistance immediately.
You Can Build a Defense for Lancaster Robbery Charges
You don’t have to try to take on a robbery accusation in Lancaster on your own. In fact, getting professional help on your side right away can increase your odds of resolving a robbery charge in your favor. The legal team at the Simmrin Law Group can help by:
- Working to block evidence against you
- Monitoring the police as they investigate your case
- Advising you during all interviews with prosecutors and police officers
- Helping you handle a bail hearing if necessary
- Reviewing plea bargains offered by the prosecution
- Taking steps to get your charges reduced or dismissed
- Constructing a courtroom ready defense for you
Our robbery lawyers understand what it takes to handle your case every step of the way. Depending upon your situation, we may be able to show that:
- You were wrongfully accused of committing robbery
- You did not use force or fear to take someone’s possessions
- You took property that you thought belonged to you
We can go over all aspects of your case when developing your defense. You can improve your odds of beating a robbery charge by making sure you get professional help as soon as you are arrested. In fact, it’s recommended that you do not discuss your charges at all until you reach out to a criminal defense lawyer in Lancaster.
Get Help from a Lancaster Robbery Lawyer Today
Focus on protecting yourself from a robbery charge in Lancaster by contacting the Simmrin Law Group now. Start building a strong defense today with our robbery lawyers in Lancaster. We can even provide you with a FREE case evaluation.
Call us at (310) 997-4688 or complete our online contact form to get the help that you need when facing a robbery accusation.