Get ready to defend yourself if you are charged with driving under the influence (DUI) in Temple City, CA. You should take these charges seriously, as a conviction for a DUI can result in:
- Jail time
- The suspension of your driver’s license
- Mandatory attendance in an alcohol treatment program
The professionals at the Simmrin Law Group can help build your defense now if you are accused of a DUI. You can reach out to our DUI lawyers in Temple City right now to get the legal advice you need to successfully resolve a DUI charge.
Basic Information about DUIs in Temple City
It’s important that you understand the facts about DUI charges in Temple City. You can be accused of a DUI if a police officer believes you were operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of:
- Illicit drugs
- Prescription medication
DUIs are considered criminal acts in Temple City. Generally, they will be prosecuted as misdemeanors. You can face a number of serious penalties if you are convicted.
Types of DUI Charges in Temple City
You should be aware that the state of California does not use only one charge to prosecute DUIs. Depending on your situation, you could face charges like:
- California Vehicle Code Section 23152(b): Driving with A Blood Alcohol Content Of 0.08 Percent or Higher
- California Vehicle Code Section 23152(c): Driving While Addicted
- California Vehicle Code Section 23152(d): Driving a Commercial Vehicle with a Blood Alcohol Content of 0.04 Percent or Higher
- California Vehicle Code Section 23152(g): Driving Under the Combined Influence of Alcohol and Drugs
- California Vehicle Code Section 23152(f): Driving Under the Influence of Drugs
A criminal defense lawyer in Temple City can help you face any of these charges the right way, so reach out to the Simmrin Law Group right now.
Facts About the Results of Temple City DUI Convictions
DUI convictions are often prosecuted very harshly by the court system in Temple City. We briefly reviewed some of these penalties, but let’s focus more on the outcome of a first-time DUI conviction right now. You could face:
- Fines of up to $2,000
- Jail time of up to six months
- License suspension of up to one year
Additionally, a DUI conviction will remain on your record as a priorable offense. This means that, if you are arrested for another DUI, you will face increased penalties. Make sure you take these charges very seriously by contacting a traffic violations lawyer in Temple City today.
Temple City DUI Charges and the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV)
In addition to facing criminal charges for a DUI in Temple City, you will need to request a hearing with the DMV. You must request this hearing within 10 days of your arrest. The DMV may automatically suspend your driver’s license if you do not request your hearing.
You should be aware that this hearing does not directly correlate to your criminal case. You can win your criminal case and still have your license suspended by the DMV if you do not request your hearing, for example.
The professionals at the Simmrin Law Group can handle both your criminal charges and your DMV hearing. Let us protect your right to operate a motor vehicle in Temple City.
Defenses to DUI Charges in Temple City, CA
A DUI lawyer in Temple City can take charge of all aspects of your case after you are arrested. The team at the Simmrin Law Group is ready to:
- Stand with you during interviews with prosecutors
- Monitor police officers as they investigate your case
- Work to dispute and block evidence against you
- Take steps to get your charges reduced or dismissed
- Defend you in the courtroom in front of a judge and jury
We can go over any plea bargains you are offered by prosecutors. In some cases, these deals may work in your favor. However, they can sometimes be against your best interests. Let us go over all of your legal options as we construct your defense. Our goal will be successfully resolving your charges so you can move forward with your life.
Get Help from a Temple City DUI Lawyer Immediately
You can improve your chances of beating a DUI charge in Temple City by reaching out to the Simmrin Law Group today. Our DUI lawyers in Temple City are ready and waiting to begin working on your defense. Reaching us for help is easy. Just complete our online contact form or call (310) 997-4688.
We can begin going over your legal options right now with a FREE case evaluation.