All drivers in Torrance are expected to follow the rules of the road as set forth by the state of California. Breaking these rules – even accidentally – can lead to serious criminal charges. Convictions can result in incarceration and incredibly harsh fines.
You can get help dealing with any traffic violation charges today by reaching out to the Simmrin Law Group. Our team of professional traffic violation lawyers in Torrance can help you if you are accused of:
- Reckless Driving
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI)
- Driving Without Insurance
- And Other Traffic Violations
Make sure you have legal professionals working on your defense by calling us now.
Categories of Traffic Violations in Torrance
The court system in California can prosecute traffic violations in a number of different ways, depending upon their severity. You may be facing charges for a(n):
- Infraction. Infractions are not considered criminal acts. You may face a fine if you are charged with an infraction. Many speeding tickets are treated as infractions.
- Misdemeanor. Misdemeanors are more serious than infractions. Many misdemeanor charges lead to fines and jail time. Reckless driving is often prosecuted as a misdemeanor.
- Felonies. Felonies are the most severe charges you can face in Torrance. Vehicular manslaughter and some instances of driving under the influence (DUI) are examples of felonies.
It is important that you get professional help on your side if you are charged with an infraction, misdemeanor, or a felony. A criminal defense lawyer in Torrance can help you build a defense for any of these traffic violations.
Traffic Violations and DUI Charges in Torrance
Driving under the influence (DUI) has a reputation for being one of the most harshly punished traffic violations in Torrance. You could face DUI charges if you are accused of operating your vehicle under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
There are a number of different charges used to prosecute DUIs. Generally, these charges apply if your blood alcohol content (BAC) is found to exceed the legal limits set by California. Drivers accused of a DUI may need to handle a:
- Criminal Trial
- Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Hearing
The professional DUI lawyers at the Simmrin Law Group can help you deal with all aspects of a DUI accusation. We can focus on weakening the prosecution’s case and blocking evidence against you, so you can move forward with your life.
Additional Traffic Violation Charges in California
As we mentioned, DUIs are a very well-known traffic violation. However, they are only one of the many criminal charges that can be used to prosecute traffic violations in Torrance. You may need to get professional help on your side quickly for any traffic violation charge.
Common examples of criminal charges for traffic violations can include:
- California Vehicle Code Section 2800: Disobeying a Peace Officer
- California Vehicle Code Section 2800.2: Reckless Evading of a Peace Officer
- California Vehicle Code Section 10851: Unlawful Taking Or Driving Of A Vehicle
- California Vehicle Code Section 10852: Tampering With A Vehicle
- California Vehicle Code Section 12500: Driving Without A License
- California Vehicle Code Section 20002: Misdemeanor Hit And Run
- California Vehicle Code Section 23103: Dry Reckless
These charges represent only a small fraction of the criminal charges used to prosecute traffic violations in California. You can increase your chances of beating any of these charges by contacting a legal professional in the Torrance area right now.
Build Your Defense with a Traffic Violation Lawyer in Torrance
Traffic violation charges can have a tremendous impact on your life. Depending upon your situation, you could face the following penalties for a conviction:
- Fines or Restitution Payments
- Jail or Prison Time
- The Suspension or Revocation of Your License
A traffic violation lawyer can help you stand up to the charges you are facing. Your lawyer can investigate your accusations, speak with witnesses, and work aggressively to block evidence. A legal professional can also assess any plea bargains you are offered to ensure they are in your best interest.
Get professional assistance in and out of the courtroom right now. The Simmrin Law Group has experience helping clients in your situation and we’re ready to take on your case today.
A Torrance Traffic Violation Lawyer Can Stand Up for You
You can get professional advice about traffic violation charges by reaching out to the Simmrin Law Group. Let our traffic violation lawyers in Torrance start working on your defense right now. You can reach us easily by filling out our online contact form or calling (310) 997-4688.
Focus on protecting your future today by contacting us to get a FREE initial case evaluation.