Get fast help handling charges for driving under the influence (DUI) in Valencia by contacting the Simmrin Law Group. We can help you if you are accused of operating a vehicle after drinking alcohol or using drugs.
Our team of DUI lawyers in Valencia know what it takes to help clients in your situation. You can improve your odds of successfully resolving a DUI charge here in the Valencia, Santa Clarita area by securing professional help quickly after you are arrested, so reach out to us today.
Understanding DUI Accusations
According to the court system in California, drivers may be charged with a DUI if they:
- Drive a motor vehicle
- While they are inebriated OR
- With a blood alcohol content (BAC) level that exceeds the legal limits OR
- After taking illicit drugs or some prescription medications
DUI charges in Valencia are often prosecuted as misdemeanors. However, you could face felony charges if you have multiple prior DUI convictions on your record, or if someone was hurt in a DUI accident. A criminal defense lawyer in Valencia can help you take on misdemeanor or felony charges.
For a free legal consultation with a Criminal Defense lawyer serving Valencia, call (310) 928-9347
Reviewing Examples of DUI Charges
Many drivers in Valencia do not realize that there are many charges used to prosecute DUIs. You can face different charges based upon your age, your BAC, your status as a commercial driver, and more. Depending upon your unique situation, you could be charged with:
- California Vehicle Code Section 23152(a): Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol
- California Vehicle Code Section 23152(f): Driving Under the Influence of Drugs
- California Vehicle Code Section 23153: DUI Causing Injury
- California Vehicle Code Section 23572: DUI with Minor Passenger
These are only examples of the charges used to prosecute DUIs in Valencia. You could be facing different charges. The professionals at the Simmrin Law Group can help you build a defense regardless of the charges brought against you.
Criminal Defense Lawyer Near Me (310) 928-9347
Focusing on the Penalties for a DUI
A conviction for a DUI in Valencia can have serious impacts on your life. You may face a number of penalties, all of which grow more severe each time you are convicted of a DUI. Let’s go over common results of DUI convictions in Valencia right now:
Penalties for a First Conviction
- Fines of up to $2,000
- Jail time of up to six months
- License suspension of up to one year
Penalties for a Second Conviction
- Fines of up to $2,500
- Jail time of up to one year
- License suspension of up to two years
Penalties for a Third Conviction
- Fines of up to $3,000
- Jail time of up to one year
- License suspension of up to three years
Click to contact our Criminal Defense Lawyers today
Getting Help with DUI Charges
As you can see, the court system in Valencia takes DUI charges very seriously. Fortunately, you do not have to try to handle these charges alone. You can reach out to the professionals at the Simmrin Law Group immediately after an arrest. We can:
- Support you during questioning by prosecutors
- Help during your bail hearing if applicable
- Investigate your case and dispute evidence against you
- Assess any plea bargains you are offered
- Work to get your charges dismissed
- Defend you in front of a judge and jury
Our traffic violations lawyers in Valencia can even assist you with the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). You need to request a hearing with the DMV within 10 days of your DUI arrest. If you do not request this hearing, the DMV can suspend your license automatically, so get help now.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Building a Defense for DUI Charges
Defending yourself from DUI charges can be complicated. You can make this process easier by working with a professional DUI lawyer. The team at the Simmrin Law Group may be able to demonstrate that you were:
- Stopped without reasonable cause by a police officer
- Not inebriated while operating a motor vehicle
- Subjected to a BAC test that returned false-positive results
Our team is ready to dig into the specifics of the charges you are facing. Let us get to work constructing your defense right now. We’re ready to work aggressively to resolve DUI charges in Valencia in your favor.
Contact a Valencia DUI Lawyer for Help Today
Handle DUI charges in Valencia the right way by getting professional help in your corner now. The Simmrin Law Group is ready to handle your criminal case and the DMV hearing. Find out more by contacting our DUI lawyers in Valencia for a FREE case evaluation.
Get started by completing our online contact form or calling (310) 997-4688.